• I compiled all of them under the same post. All of those can be used together or individually.

1. National Objectives

Russia:

• 3 IPCs for control of Archangel, no Axis surface warships on SZ3 and no Allied units on Russian territories (originally controlled and conquered).

• 6 IPCs for Allied control of all the following territories: Norway, Balkans and Eastern Europe.

Germany:

• 3 IPCs for control of all: Germany, Western Europe and Eastern Europe.

• 3 IPCs for Axis control of all: Karelia S.S.R., West Russia, Belorussia and Ukraine S.S.R.

• 3 IPCs for Axis control of Caucasus.

• 3 IPCs for Axis control of at least 2: Western Europe, Anglo Egypt, Trans-Jordan and/or Gibraltar.*

• 3 IPCs for no Allied combat ships on the Mediterranean (SZs 13-15) and control of at least 3: Southern Europe, Balkans, Algeria and/or Libya.*

United Kingdom:

• 3 IPCs for Allied control of any 1 of these territories: Caroline Islands, French Indochina, Formosa, Japan or Okinawa.**

• 3 IPCs for controlling all: Eastern Canada, Western Canada, Gibraltar, Anglo Egypt, Australia, New Zealand and Union of South Africa.

• 3 IPCs for Allies control of at least one: Western Europe or Balkans.

Japan:

• 3 IPCs for controlling all: Manchuria, Kwantung and French Indochina.

• 3 IPCs for Axis control of at least 4 territories: East Indies, Borneo, Philippine Islands, New Guinea and/or Solomon Islands.

• 3 IPCs for Axis control of at least 1 of these territories: India, Hawaii or Australia.

United States:

• 3 IPCs for Allied control of Western Europe.

• 3 IPCs for control of Phillippine Islands.

• 3 IPCs for control of Western, Central and Eastern United States.

• 3 IPCs for Allied control of at least 3: Midway, Wake Island, Hawaiian Islands and/or Solomon Islands.

• 3 IPCs for control of any of those territories: China, Sinkiang, Kwantung or Manchuria.**

• Italian NOs (7 Power scenario)
      ** Chinese/ANZAC NOs (7 Power scenario)

1. Spring 1941 scenario

Turn Order & Starting Income

• Germany 33

• United Kingdom 42

• Japan 15

• United States 45

• Russia 31

Setup
    Germany

• Germany - 3 INF, 1 ARM, 1 FTR, 1 BMR, 1 IC, 1 AA

• Southern Europe - 2 INF, 1 ART, 1 ARM, 1 IC, 1 AA

• Western Europe - 1 INF, 1 ARM, 1 FTR

• Eastern Europe - 3 INF, 1 ART, 2 ARM, 1 FTR

• Balkans - 3 INF, 1 ART, 1 ARM*

• Norway - 3 INF, 1 FTR

• Libya - 1 INF, 1 ARM*

• Algeria - 1 INF

• SZ5 - 1 SS, 1 DD, 1 TRN

• SZ7 - 2 SS

• SZ14 - 1 BB, 1 TRN*

• Italian on the 7 Power scenario

United Kingdom

• United Kingdom - 2 INF, 1 ART, 1 ARM, 2 FTR, 1 BMR, 1 IC, 1 AA

• Eastern Canada - 1 ARM

• Western Canada - 1 INF

• Anglo Egypt - 1 INF, 1 ARM, 1 FTR

• Trans-Jordan - 2 INF

• India - 3 INF, 1 AA

• French Indochina - 1 INF

• Australia - 3 INF**

• Union of South Africa - 1 INF

• SZ 1 - 1 TRN

• SZ 2 - 1 BB, 1 TRN

• SZ 12 - 1 CA

• SZ 15 - 1 DD

• SZ 35 - 1 DD, 1 TRN

• SZ 40 - 1 DD, 1 TRN**

• UK also controls: Iceland, Gibraltar, French West Africa, French Equatorial Africa, Kenya, Belgian Congo, Italian East Africa, French Madagascar, Persia, East Indies, Borneo, New Guinea**, Solomon Islands** and New Zealand**

• ** - Chinese/ANZAC on the 7 Power scenario

Japan

• Japan - 4 INF, 1 ART, 1 ARM, 1 FTR, 1 BMR, 1 IC, 1 AA

• Manchuria - 4 INF, 1 FTR

• Kwantung - 3 INF

• Okinawa - 1 INF

• Caroline Islands - 3 INF

• SZ50 - 1 DD, 2 TRN

• SZ57 - 2 AC, 4 FTR

• SZ60 - 1 AC, 1 BB, 1 CA, 2 TRN (loaded with 3 INF and 1 ART), 2 FTR

• SZ61 - 1 TRN

• Japan also controls: Formosa

United States

• Eastern United States - 1 INF, 1 ART, 1 FTR, 1 BMR, 1 IC, 1 AA

• Central United States - 1 INF

• Western United States - 1 INF, 1 IC

• Hawaiian Islands - 1 INF, 1 FTR

• Alaska - 1 INF

• Philippine Islands - 2 INF

• Wake Island - 1 INF

• Midway Island - 1 INF

• China - 2 INF, 1 FTR**

• Sinkiang - 2 INF**

• SZ 10 - 1 DD, 1 TRN

• SZ 43 - 1 AC, 1 FTR

• SZ 52 - 1 BB

• SZ 55 - 1 DD, 1 TRN

• United States also controls: Mexico, Panama, West Indies, Brazil and Greenland

• ** - Chinese/ANZAC on the 7 Power scenario

Russia

• Russia - 3 INF, 1 ART, 1 ARM, 1 IC, 1 AA

• Karelia S.S.R. - 4 INF

• Belorussia - 3 INF

• Ukraine S.S.R. - 3 INF

• West Russia - 2 INF, 1 ART

• Archangel - 2 INF

• Caucasus - 4 INF, 1 IC, 1 AA

• Kazakh S.S.R. - 2 INF

• Novosibirsk - 2 INF

• Evenki National Okrug - 2 INF

• Yakut - 3 INF

• Soviet Far East - 2 INF

• Buryatia - 3 INF

• SZ 4 - 1 SS

3. 7 Powers scenario

1942 Turn Order & Starting Income

• Russia 24

• Germany 33

• Italy 7

• United Kingdom 27

• Japan 30

• United States 38

• China/ANZAC 7

1941 Turn Order & Starting Income (not tested yet - most likely unbalanced)

• Russia 31

• Germany 26

• Italy 7

• United Kingdom 38

• Japan 15

• United States 41

• China/ANZAC 8

Territory & unit changes

Russia

• Original owner of: Belorussia, West Russia and Ukraine S.S.R.

United Kingdom

• Original owner of: French Indochina, East Indies and Borneo

United States

• Original owner of: Philippine Islands and Wake Island

Italy

• All land/air units on Southern Europe (capital) and Libya

• Remove 1 German FTR from Balkans and add 1 Italian FTR to Southern Europe

• 1 BB, 1 TRN on SZ14

China/ANZAC

• All land/air units on China, Sinkiang, Australia (capital) and New Zealand

• All naval units on SZ40

• Original owner of: Kwantung, New Guinea and Solomon Islands

• This looks good. It seems you’ve taken A&A50 and downshifted it into AA42. I’m not downplaying your lack of originality, but rather applauding your wish to return to the pinnacle of A&A, that of the anniversary edition.

If I had AA42, I would test this out. It seems to be quite balanced at a glance.

• I have used the National Objectives in a couple of games and had a lot of fun with them.

• I’ll try this out and see how it works, thanks for the insight.

• @cts17:

This looks good. It seems you’ve taken A&A50 and downshifted it into AA42. I’m not downplaying your lack of originality, but rather applauding your wish to return to the pinnacle of A&A, that of the anniversary edition.

If I had AA42, I would test this out. It seems to be quite balanced at a glance.

It also has a bit of AAG40 thrown into the mix with the addition of the 7 powers scenario. I’ve played two games with those rules and although we didn’t finished any of them they were getting interesting if the US decides to support ANZAC.

• '10

Just a quick correction Hobbes. You have the UK listed twice on the 41 scenario at the end. I think you menatto put the US startes with Phillipines and Wake Island.

Also wondering if China/ANZAC means that only units can be placed in Australia because of the capital? Or is it like Global where china can place infantry in it’s two territories as well?

• @Col.:

Just a quick correction Hobbes. You have the UK listed twice on the 41 scenario at the end. I think you menatto put the US startes with Phillipines and Wake Island.

Also wondering if China/ANZAC means that only units can be placed in Australia because of the capital? Or is it like Global where china can place infantry in it’s two territories as well?

thanks for the correction :)

China/ANZAC needs to buy an IC to place units.

• Hobbes:

I wanted to know if the spring 1941 (7 player) version has been playtested in any capacity yet.  We are planning on getting a game together this weekend and your rules seem very appealing.

Let me know when you have a chance!

• This is the 7 powers version, including NOs.

To install it requires some work:

1. Go to the folder where TripleA keeps your downloaded maps (usually C:\documents and settings\username\triplea\maps
    2. Open your main Triplea folder, usually at C:\program files\triplea\triplea_1_3_2_2, once there open the \maps subfolder
    3. Unzip the World War v4.zip file contained on the downloaded maps to the /maps folder on your main Triplea folder. All of the files on the .zip file should go to a new subfolder called World War II v4, create it if the unzipping doesn’t do it.
    4. Delete the .zip (and .properties) files from the subfolder C:\documents and settings\username\triplea\maps - otherwise TripleA will give you errors.
    5. Download the .txt file attached to C:\program files\triplea\triplea_1_3_2_2\maps\World War v4\games and rename the end extension from .txt to .xml.
    6. Start TripleA - the 7 powers version should now be visible when choosing maps.

WW2v4 7 Powers.txt

• Thanks for posting the instructions Hobbes!

I am obviously missing a step somewhere as I keep on getting an error and the map does not appear.

Instructions 1-4 seem pretty straight forward.

I download you link and open the applicable note pad.  Press Control A to select all.  Control C to copy all.  Open up a word 2007 document and Control V.  I think save as an XML file.

The dice seem to not be on my side.

Any step I’m missing?

• Sorry, was completely busy and forgot about this. Did you manage to get it working?

• Hey, Hobbes, any chance of translating NOs/7 powers/1941 setup into 42.2?    =)

• @MistuhJay:

Hey, Hobbes, any chance of translating NOs/7 powers/1941 setup into 42.2?    =)

Working on it ;)

• Seems to me like the introduction of China/ANZAC in 1942 would just give Japan free money once they take Australia, since they can’t buy an IC until turn 3 (making 7 IPC per turn) and with no other way to spend money, would just end up with 21 IPC in bank as a gift to Japan for taking Australia.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m