• Has anyone discussed how the global turn order will affect the action in the Pacific? I believe the order is:
    1. Germany
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. United Kingdom
    5. ANZAC
    6. Italy
    7. United States
    8. China
    9. France.

With UK/ANZAC moving before the US/China, fighting Japan will take on a whole new dimension. UK will be liberating the Burma road before china’s turn and ANZAC fighters can opening for US ect. Any other ideas?

• @cminke:

germany attack russia france and neutrels.

russia kils some of japan and  invades germany

japan attacks russia and usa

uk attacks japan, bombs germany, attacks italy and take dei

anzac attacks japan

italy runs away.

united staes destroyes japan with a nuke, kills u boat fleet,

china mops up after usa

france kils germany

More like:

Germany kills France and western navies

Russia grabs neutrals and either stacks Amur or withdraws from the Pacific

Japan attacks UK, USA, and China, and ANZAC

UK attacks Italy in Africa, Germany in the Atlandic, and holds fast against japan

ANZAC builds up

Italy attacks Egypt/Med

US builds up until it’s at war

China counterattacks Japan

France moves infantry in Africa to bolster British defense

• @Yoper:

@calvinhobbesliker:

More like:

Germany kills France and western navies

Russia grabs neutrals and either stacks Amur or withdraws from the Pacific

Japan attacks UK, USA, and China, and ANZAC

UK attacks Italy in Africa, Germany in the Atlandic, and holds fast against japan

ANZAC builds up

Italy attacks Egypt/Med

US builds up until it’s at war

China counterattacks Japan

France moves infantry in Africa to bolster British defense

Pretty good call.   :wink:

And you haven’t even seen the game yet.  :mrgreen:

Thanks, but I have seen half of the game :wink:. Are the Western Allies able to survive with a significant navy after G1?

• @Yoper:

Depends on what the German priorities are.

We always felt that the Royal Navy had to go down so that there wasn’t an early threat of an invasion.

But others may want to use the air power in their ground conquests.

Is it possible for Germany to take Paris, and eliminate both the British and French navies on turn 1(excepting 1-2 transports or destroyers)?

• @Yoper:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Yoper:

Depends on what the German priorities are.

We always felt that the Royal Navy had to go down so that there wasn’t an early threat of an invasion.

But others may want to use the air power in their ground conquests.

Is it possible for Germany to take Paris, and eliminate both the British and French navies on turn 1(excepting 1-2 transports or destroyers)?

Not really possible.

If you pull off enough air power to take out the French Med fleet, then you are really going light against the UK navy.  It usually blows up in you face.

Let the Italians deal with the French in the Med.  That is if it survives (in enough strength) an attack from the English. :-D

So there’s no French Atlantic fleet?

Can Germany destroy the Royal Navy and take Paris on turn 1?

• @Yoper:

There are French in the Atlantic.

And yes, the Germans can destroy the RN (or most of it) and take Paris turn 1.

Does Germany have aa strong navy(including a battleship) in the Baltic?

• Hi there,

For starters - NO rant intended, BUT….

I resent somewhat the implication that the RN has to be utterly destroyed in most Axis & Allies games, in order for Germany to have a show of doing well.  Not only is it historically impossible (not just unlikely) but it leaves a bad taste in the mouths of players who like the challenge of playing the UK.

A better solution in my opinion is to have the UK navy forced to remain in home waters due to some German/Italian threat of invasion, OR encourage sufficient German submarine warfare in the Atlantic that a goodly portion of UK income is either lost every turn (limiting massive fleet builds) or forcing the UK to build Destroyers every turn, rather than more useful Transport ships.

Operation SeaLion should be a gamble for the Germans, not a realistic option.  I’d certainly hate to see a game where the UK is bundled out 50% of the time without the UK player even getting a single turn!

Remember folks - the RN was much the same size as the US navy so realistically there should be 1 Sub, 1 DD (or more), 1 Cruiser, 1 BB, and 1 CV + planes off northern UK just like the US fleet off Western USA in AAP40.  Germany should have no more than 1 Cruiser and a couple of Subs…

Keen to see what comes out from the designers :)

Lozza007

• @Lozza007:

Hi there,

For starters - NO rant intended, BUT….

I resent somewhat the implication that the RN has to be utterly destroyed in most Axis & Allies games, in order for Germany to have a show of doing well.  Not only is it historically impossible (not just unlikely) but it leaves a bad taste in the mouths of players who like the challenge of playing the UK.

A better solution in my opinion is to have the UK navy forced to remain in home waters due to some German/Italian threat of invasion, OR encourage sufficient German submarine warfare in the Atlantic that a goodly portion of UK income is either lost every turn (limiting massive fleet builds) or forcing the UK to build Destroyers every turn, rather than more useful Transport ships.

Operation SeaLion should be a gamble for the Germans, not a realistic option.  I’d certainly hate to see a game where the UK is bundled out 50% of the time without the UK player even getting a single turn!

Remember folks - the RN was much the same size as the US navy so realistically there should be 1 Sub, 1 DD (or more), 1 Cruiser, 1 BB, and 1 CV + planes off northern UK just like the US fleet off Western USA in AAP40.  Germany should have no more than 1 Cruiser and a couple of Subs…

Keen to see what comes out from the designers :)

Lozza007

Yes, it’s very annoying how the UK, which had one of the largest fleets in the world, has to waste a turn rebuilding its navy. There are many other ways to give Germany a chance to win without doing this, like you pointed out.

• This thread is not going in the direction I wanted to at all. I originally wanted to start a discussion on how allied strategy will changed in the global game when it comes to dealing with Japan. With USA now moving AFTER the UK/ANZAC’s turns I think China will see the Burma road opened longer, even a chance to build artillery. ANZAC can liberate an empty DEI before the US move and gain extra income. I just wanted to discuss how allied Pacific strategy will change. Maybe even play a game with turn order of:
    1. JAPAN
    2. UK
    3. ANZAC
    4. USA
    5. China

This will mimic the global game feel in the Pacific theater.

• Who cares?! Yoper was actually giving useful factual info about the game!! thats a HUGE deal. I think you scared him off….dang. I wanted to hear more about the Med. Does Italy have an adequate navy?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m