• Hi

1- From J1, can you move carriers 3 space(with a naval) and then move airplane 4 space or does that count as 3 movement for the planes ?

2- Can you fly over ennemy land unit and attack a territory behind?

3-Does the +5 bonus for economic achievement also works for Japan ?
    thanks

• @Heroes:

Hi

1- From J1, can you move carriers 3 space(with a naval) and then move airplane 4 space or does that count as 3 movement for the planes ?

2- Can you fly over ennemy land unit and attack a territory behind?

3-Does the +5 bonus for economic achievement also works for Japan ?
    thanks

1- Movement of airplanes is counted from starting position.  The planes take off and the carrier moves seperate.  In your example, no, the planes cannot move 4 spaces after the carrier moved 3.

2- Absolutely.  You cannot fly over impassible terrain however (the himalayas).

3- Which one?  Japan has their own National Objectives seperate and distinct from other powers.

• Customizer

As far as the planes are concerned, is that truly the case?  We’ve wondered that ourselves before, but always assumed the carriers could move their two (or three in this case) and then the planes could move their four (two out and two back if attacking).  It does kind of seem like cheating, but it also makes sense.  Why couldn’t the planes just ride the carrier, then fly on their own fuel?

• Official Q&A

@bcguitars:

As far as the planes are concerned, is that truly the case?  We’ve wondered that ourselves before, but always assumed the carriers could move their two (or three in this case) and then the planes could move their four (two out and two back if attacking).

Yes, it’s true.  The rules clearly state that planes take off before the carrier moves.

@bcguitars:

It does kind of seem like cheating, but it also makes sense.  Why couldn’t the planes just ride the carrier, then fly on their own fuel?

Because of the time involved.  Planes move twice as fast as ships.  If the plane stays on the carrier until it finishes moving, it moves at the carrier’s speed and its time is used up before it launches.

• Customizer

@Krieghund:

Because of the time involved.  Planes move twice as fast as ships.  If the plane stays on the carrier until it finishes moving, it moves at the carrier’s speed and its time is used up before it launches.

I actually thought about that aspect of it after I typed my response, and that does make sense.  Thanks for the clarification, Krieghund!

• Thanks for the Response, Yeah

IF you meat your national objective income, you get the +5 boost ?
    us,uk, etc. ? example if you china get back to 12 as an in come, do they get the +5 ?
    If japan conquer a territory from china, do they get their +5 boots right away ?

• Customizer

@Heroes:

Thanks for the Response, Yeah

IF you meat your national objective income, you get the +5 boost ?
    us,uk, etc. ? example if you china get back to 12 as an in come, do they get the +5 ?
    If japan conquer a territory from china, do they get their +5 boots right away ?

If I’m following you correctly, yes, they get the NO bonus right away.  For example, if the US takes Okinawa and Iwo Jima in a turn, they would get the extra 5 IPC’s at the end of that turn, during the Payment phase.

• Ok, let me put it that way,

on page 21. it says phase 6 : collect income - A power reaching if national objective is experiencing an uplifting effect…get an extra boosts of +5 call the bonus income,  So If I understand this correctly, for example u.s start with 17, if they keep their 17 on round 1, they get +5 for the bonus income and +5 for holding philipines islands ???

Thanks in advance

• @Heroes:

Ok, let me put it that way,

on page 21. it says phase 6 : collect income - A power reaching if national objective is experiencing an uplifting effect…get an extra boosts of +5 call the bonus income,  So If I understand this correctly, for example u.s start with 17, if they keep their 17 on round 1, they get +5 for the bonus income and +5 for holding philipines islands ???

Thanks in advance

Oh…  No.  There is no economic bonus besides a National Objective.  So, in your example, the US has 17 and get an additional bonus of 5.  They do not get a bonus for getting a bonus.

• Customizer

@Heroes:

Ok, let me put it that way,

Thanks in advance

No, they would just get the +5 for the Philippines, this is their bonus income.  In your example, they would get a total of 22 IPC’s (17 for the territory income plus 5 bonus for holding Philippines).

• Yes, if Japan does not attack on J1, the US collects 22 on US1.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m