• Customizer

I just found this online.

According to the Box the game is designed for 2-4 players and contains 450 Playing pieces.

I guess that means that china wont really be independent nation as i presume the nations are Japan, UK, Australia, & USA/China.

Product Information
    Designer(s): Larry Harris
    Manufacturer(s): Avalon Hill, Hasbro
    Year: 2009
    Players: 2 - 4
    Time: 120 - 720 minutes
    Ages: 12 and up
    Weight: 2,000 grams (estimated)
    Language Requirements: This is a domestic item.

2-12 hours?! Doesn’t make much sense. Perhaps 12 hours is how long the big combined game will take.

• Customizer

I would have thought it would be:
    Japan
    China
    USA
    UK + Australia + All Others

• Official Q&A

China is an independent power.  However, it’s controlled by the US player.

• Customizer

Krieg:  Are we to understand that “Independent power” means that China can build whatever units they want or are they limited to infantry, artillery, and a fighter?

• @Krieghund:

China is an independent power.  However, it’s controlled by the US player.

And when it says four players, what are the official four positions.

I am thinking it is
    Austrilia
    UK
    Japan
    United States

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

2-12 hours?! Doesn’t make much sense. Perhaps 12 hours is how long the big combined game will take.

I could see it being 12 hours long for beginners, since beginners always take much longer for everything, especially if it’s their first Axis and Allies game…

• LMFAO…ROTFL!!!

It totally figures that Funigan games YET AGAIN GETS THE NEWS ON YET ANOTHER AA PRODUCT, WHILE WOTC HAS NOT EVEN BOTHERED TO ACKNOWLEDGE ITS EXISTENCE.

Freaking unbelievable that this can happen. :-o

• Customizer

@Imperious:

LMFAO…ROTFL!!!

It totally figures that Funigan games YET AGAIN GETS THE NEWS ON YET ANOTHER AA PRODUCT, WHILE WOTC HAS NOT EVEN BOTHERED TO ACKNOWLEDGE ITS EXISTENCE.

Freaking unbelievable that this can happen. :-o

why does WOTC even both making Avalon Hill games at all when it doesn’t advertise them?  I’d be curious to read their financial statements and see if Avalon Hill even makes a profit, and I’d also be curious to talk to their marketing directors.

I’m having a hell of time finding anyone in denver who plays war games at all, let along axis and allies.  But there are no shortage of idiots playing Dungeons and Dragons or Magic the Gathering.  I can see why MTG attracts WOTC, people have to pay hundreds of dollars every three months to keep up, and not only do you need to keep shelling out money for new cards, but you have to shell out money for olds ones too since they call it a ‘collectible’.  Fucking bullshit.  It like a game a poker, except that you can buy aces from the store to add to your hand for money you will never get back.

• Don’t insult MTG. Its a very fun game with a lot of skill requirement (yea, I play it myself)
    Although I agree with you that the investment is heavy, I have already bought most cards for my needs and don’t follow the new expansions.
    In fact, I’ve started to sell my collection (profit:) )

Robert

• I’d be curious to read their financial statements and see if Avalon Hill even makes a profit, and I’d also be curious to talk to their marketing directors.

Financial statements? I think the idiots write it on the back of all the bags of Taco Bell drive thru while they fart in their cars on the way back from a 3 hour lunch break. That is if they are not too bothered to stop reading the latest D$D fictional novel about some idiot wizard or memorizing what saving throw to make for a spell they might be conjuring. They must be a team of total misfits and malcontents and government chain gang furlough types based on the asinine methods they run the business.  I would have them all fired on the spot and no severance pay.

• Official Q&A

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

Krieg:  Are we to understand that “Independent power” means that China can build whatever units they want or are they limited to infantry, artillery, and a fighter?

“Independent power” means that China gets its own turn and its own separate resources.  It will still be limited as to what it can build, as it’s not an industrialized nation.

@Emperor_Taiki:

And when it says four players, what are the official four positions.

I am thinking it is
    Austrilia
    UK
    Japan
    United States

Yup.

• Nice cover, and a dream of an A&A game it seems. I want to buy it as soon as possible. I hope Larry ships alot of these goodies to Norway.

• @Krieghund:

“Independent power” means that China gets its own turn and its own separate resources.  It will still be limited as to what it can build, as it’s not an industrialized nation.

Let me guess: that means ACME walls at chinese frontiers and merry japanese hordes of tanks blitzing non-industrial mountain areas  :-D

• So is this another Limited Edition? It might be considering the cost.

• Customizer

So what can China purchase?

Infantry
    Artillery (if burma road is open?)

anything else?

they should be able to buy destroyers if they take back all Chinese territories, including ones occupied by Japan, that would be cool

and the USA should be allowed to repurchase the flying tigers if they get destroyed. (and how many fighter units will represent the flying tigers this time? just one?)

• Official Q&A

@Veqryn:

Infantry

Yes.

@Veqryn:

anything else?

No.

@Veqryn:

and how many fighter units will represent the flying tigers this time? just one?

Yes.

• Gotta love the artwork again- nice job!!!

What color tan will the Australians be?  Same rust color as the Italians in AA50???

I’m ordering 3 copies. :-)

• already pre-order?

Robert

• Product Description on Funagain…

Axis & Allies celebrates 25 years of strategy war gaming with a deluxe edition of its original theater-level game. Axis & Allies Pacific 1940, designed and developed by Larry Harris, utilizes the updated rules established in A&A Anniversary Edition. Two new combat units debut in this game, Tactical Bombers and Mechanized Infantry. Australia and New Zealand, joined together as the ANZAC forces, represent a new playable ally. China fields more forces than ever before, but will need help from their allies – the United States and England – to withstand the might of expansionist Imperial Japan.
    Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 features an oversized board that measures 35 inches wide by 32 inches high. With over 450 pieces, deluxe game components and local storage boxes, this game raises the standard established by A&A Anniversary Edition. All new rules for neutral nations, naval & air bases, kamikaze attacks and convoy disruption add even more depth and historical accuracy to this giant game.
    Finally, this deluxe theater-level game is designed to join together with Axis & Allies Europe 1940 to create the greatest Axis & Allies experience to date! When joined, these boards will measure 5 feet wide by 32 inches high. Both games have been designed to play alone or together to offer a 2-6 player global 1940 scenario, complete with separate set up and national objectives.

• @Krieghund:

@Veqryn:

Infantry

Yes.

@Veqryn:

anything else?

No.

China fields more forces than ever before,

Seriously, who writes these things?!  The amount of forces they can field are increased 50%, but the number they can build is increased 100%  WOW!  All those big numbers and it’s only 1 new unit… geez…

Australia and New Zealand, joined together as the ANZAC forces, represent a new playable ally. China fields more forces than ever before, but will need help from their allies – the United States and England – to withstand the might of expansionist Imperial Japan.

apparently Anzac is represented, but not needed to be able to help against Japan…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m