• i have been thinking of an idea to move i.p.c. away from a capital,
    buy a store for 5 i.p.c. where there is an i.c. and up to half your i.p.c. can be stored there each round, you can build as many store’s as you want, although half of your i.p.c. would have to be at your capital

• why do this? to avoid SBR? to build somewhere else besides factories?

• buying a store would enable a player to move some of their money and material’s away from their capital, and if their capital was taken, they would have some supplies left over to build some unit’s at the next reinforcement stage,
    because when a capital has been taken, the player is almost certainly out of the game, it could add another element of strategy for the player’s,
    half the i.p.c. could be too much, there could be an i.p.c. capacity to what the store could hold, 10 i.p.c.
    although the capital would have to hold half the total i.p.c.
    you could save some of the i.p.c. from a round at the store and could build up the store holding’s over a number of round’s
    this would give the opposing player’s another target 
    if your capital would be about to fall you could move some of your i.p.c. to the store
    the store would have to be at a territory where there would be an i.c.

• Its like a secret vault of treasure?

Why not build more factories unless you have some idea that your storehouse is trying to solve in the game?

What is the purpose of this idea. Remember we dont just make up rules for the heck of it, a need or issue requires the inclusion of new rules right? So then what are you after with this idea?

• @Imperious:

Its like a secret vault of treasure?

Why not build more factories unless you have some idea that your storehouse is trying to solve in the game

no, it would not be a secret vault, the player’s would know where the store was,

a player can build as many factories as they need, though if their capital is taken they can not build unit’s during the next round, the territoty that has the store would have to be taken aswell, to claim all the i.p.c. from a player,
    if a capital would be taken, the player could not collect income,

the purpose of the idea is to give a player the option to make a reserve supply of i.p.c.

i.e. germany has 31 i.p.c. and there is a force set to take germany, after the collect income stage germany decide’s to store 10 i.p.c. at southern europe, the u.k take’s germany and 21 i.p.c. that is at their capital,
    at the next round germany has 10 i.p.c. at southern europe that can be spent to reinforce where there is an i.c.

i think the rule would be viable if there was a capacity of the number of i.p.c. that could be drawn away from a capital
    i.e. no more than 10 i.p.c. a round, and the capacity for a store could be 10 i.p.c. no more than 2 store’s

if the territory that has the store is taken, that i.p.c. is taken by the capturing player

@Imperious:

What is the purpose of this idea. Remember we dont just make up rules for the heck of it, a need or issue requires the inclusion of new rules right? So then what are you after with this idea?

yes that is true, the issue is that when a capital is taken you can not build unit’s at factories,
    there is not a definite need for this rule, it is just an option that i have been thinking about

• Ok remember i am trying to help…

I suggest you look into an idea of underground factories…which are factories that are harder to hit by SBR, Plus they can be secret factories and produce units regardless of capture. The purchase of this would be kept a secret and possibly its Location. This does have historical precedence, but i can say the IPC ‘store’ idea is not.

I dont know what details you could make for underground factories, but its kinda the same idea because it still allows production in spite of capital capture.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m