• @robbie358:

First off, why would I ever have to?  I have a major complex in London, so I just build up infantry every turn until it’s untakable… (I know that’s not a word).  So the US liberates London, and UK gets to collect it’s income on the next turn.  They don’t actually get to place anything until a turn after (3 turns now), and all UK territories that the US currently has in Africa go to the UK instead.  The next turn they can actually do something with the new units (turn 4).  Seems like I should have Moscow by then.
    Second, if they do that it removes the threat to Italy, so why would the Italians not waste their whole air force (5 fighters, 4 tac bombers) on an attack on the US fleet that is trying to block my transports from getting out of the Baltic? 
    All of this is pure delaying actions while I throw 77 bucks a turn into Russia (6 inf, 6 art, 3 tanks, 1 bomber, 5 left over), while I bombing the hell out of his Moscow complex and he’s therefore maybe getting 5-6 infantry a turn total.  Game Over.

Look, you asked for peoples opinions on weather or not we thought you had the allies beat, and most people here dont seem to think you did. Dont ask for peoples opinions and then argue with them when they give you responses that arent to your liking. Also, whats the point of having a fleet if your never going to move it out to fight? Who is going to threaten you in the baltic that you would even need a fleet there in the first place?

• As america i am perfectly content staging my navy and landing forces in nkrth africa. Gibralter has a naval base so you can threaten everything from norway to italy.

Still i would rather not loose england.  Havent lost it yet.  Are you all as Germany able to hold it from repeated american landings of maybe five or six full transports?

The turn order is wrong for germany to make 25 bucks a round for retaking london.

I play global mostly though. Sorry if there are differences in turn order.

• My question is…what is the solution to the SeaLion attack.  It seems mathematically solid and it IS a problem.  Scripted Sealion is bad for the game whether the Axis succeed after G3 or not.

My solution is just to add 2 inf to London on the setup.  Germany can still do Sealion but it is more risky to do so.
    What would that make it?  a 30% chance versus a 70% chance???

• @Tavenier:

In all previous versions we played with the houserule that when a capital is taken the victim must pay the IPC value of that country to the conquerer, but keeps the rest and keeps getting income. Then the UK can still build in Canada, or somewhere.

With this version however, Germany needs the IPC from capturing Paris and France can’t be allowed to keep building elsewhere (Normandy or a conquered neutral).

In our houserule a succesful sealion doens’t mean the end of the allies. Here it does.

Not really America is more then capable of taking back the UK…and if Germany builds to stop America that really really really helps the Russian player. And chances are even if they build to stop America they will fail anyway. Unless you can take Russia in 2-3 turns which if the Russian player has any skill at all you can’t.

• I would not bother you in your discussions…
    but it is just a my opinion…
    Sealion is totally impossible with an experienced allied player.
    An experienced uk player can 'easily avoid and defeat all the German strategies.
    There is more…
    preparing sealion it’s a waste of time against the americans and russian supposing you will not declare war on russia during preparations for sealion.

bye

• @Panz3r:

I would not bother you in your discussions…
    but it is just a my opinion…
    Sealion is totally impossible with an experienced allied player.
    An experienced uk player can 'easily avoid and defeat all the German strategies.
    There is more…
    preparing sealion it’s a waste of time against the americans and russian supposing you will not declare war on russia during preparations for sealion.

bye

Sorry Germany can wipe England’s fleet and there is nothing England can do about it since Germany moves first. They can take England however holding it aganist American counter attacks down the road is another story.

• But destroy the english fleet doesn’t mean that the British can not do anything
    they can build infantries

first english turn 7 inf 2 art

second turn 7 inf 2 art

2 inf e 3 fight there are in uk from the first turn

german on third turn (the first turn available to make operation sea lion) is strong enough to destroy

16 inf 4 art 3fighter?

more…

on third turn the american player is on the sea zone 103 ready to land unit…

and the russian are undistrurbed.

don’t know… sorry but i still don’t see how  :mrgreen:

• @Panz3r:

But destroy the english fleet doesn’t mean that the British can not do anything
    they can build infantries

first english turn 7 inf 2 art

second turn 7 inf 2 art

2 inf e 3 fight there are in uk from the first turn

german on third turn (the first turn available to make operation sea lion) is strong enough to destroy

16 inf 4 art 3fighter?

more…

on third turn the american player is on the sea zone 103 ready to land unit…

and the russian are undistrurbed.

don’t know… sorry but i still don’t see how  :mrgreen:

You may find my rebuttal here, sir.  http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20136.0

Germany is already sitting pretty on Round 9 with a decent sized fleet off Gibraltar, threatening the US on the East coast and the American fleet that took out Italy’s fleet in the Med off Greece.  Russia and Germany are about to come to major blows, but Germany was able to build enough forces in time to make a fight of it.  It’s going to be an epic battle in Poland come the next 2 turns.

That being said, Sealion is only viable in Europe40!  Don’t EVER try it out in a Global game; you might want to check this thread out here:  http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20303.0.  The USA can bring its Pacific fleet to bear for an massed re-take attack on London US4!  Plus it gets even more ridiculous IPCs once war is declared, 82 vs. 65!  Germany doesn’t have a prayer.

True, there were some lucky dice in my Europe game, but it still can be done without too much trouble.  The hard part is getting those tanks off of London while reinforcing it with infantry.

• In your Europe game, where are the 2 inf that are supposed to spawn in Novosibirsk? It’s apparently turn 8, so Russia should be at war

• Also in your Europe game, turn 1 you downgraded the major French factory to a minor. Isn’t that a Global rule, and not a Europe one?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m