• We’re a bit confused about the rules for this.
    If I’m Russia, and I attack ANY japanese force, does that break the treaty?
    Or is it only in Yellow territory?
    The rulebook doesn’t say territory for Japan specifically. But it doesn’t make sense to me for it to be that way.

Yes you nullify the treaty if you attack first.

• If Russian and Japan forces engage in combat, no matter where, the treaty is broken.

• did i miss something in the rulebook?  or is this more of a historical thing?

• I was in error above.

Japan has to attack an original Russian territory (“Red Territory”) to break the treaty and allow for the Russian INF to be placed.  Likewise, Russia only breaks the treaty if they attack an original Japan territory (“Orange Territory”).

Does not make sense from a logical viewpoint…  Russia and Japan forces are free to combat each other in China, Sinkiang, etc., but that apparently does not count…

UNLESS you read “red territory” as any territory under Russian (red) control and “orange territory” as any territory under Japan control…

• LHTR makes it clear that you only trigger the treaty if you fight in an originally red or orange territory. Japanese/Russian forces can fight in places like Sinkiang without activating the treaty, but once the fighting goes to something like buryatia or manchuria, then it’s triggered.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m