• 1. Jet Fighters
    Your fighters are now jet fighters. Their defense increases to 5, and they cannot be hit by antiaircraft gun fire.

2. Jet Fighters
    Your fighters are now jet fighters. They roll two dice each on defense, but still only a singel die in an attack.

3. Jet Fighters
    Your fighters are now jet fighters. They are immune to AA fire and may intercept bombers (including superfortresses) in a SBR.

Bomber Interception: This battle last for one cycle of combat only. The defender declares intercepting fighters before any defending AA guns fire. The intercepting fighters attack on a 3 were as the bomber defend on a 1 (2 if superfortresses). The surviving bombers are on the second cycle of combat subjected to any AA fire. Any fighters used in a interceptor role may not also defend in a regular land attack against that same territory on the same turn.

4. Radar Technology
    You now have radar technology that facilitate offensive fighter control and accurate antiaircraft artillery direction. Your antiaircraft guns and fighters defense increases to 2 and 5 respectively.

• During the war one in ten planes were shot down by anti aircraft fire. Losing a plane with a d6 hitting on a “ONE” is too much of an advantage anyway to increase it to 33% success ratio is really too much power to this unit. The plane idea is not bad. But i dont like how your entire air force just turns into “Jet fighers overnight” and can cause problems. Why cant you just introduce a new unit and why does every previous unit have to morph into 50 different units??? Just add new units to the game that add this flavor you seek… That way you can now build heavy tanks, heavy artillery, jets, heavy bombers, heavy this and heavy that…

• @Imperious:

During the war one in ten planes were shot down by anti aircraft fire. Losing a plane with a d6 hitting on a “ONE” is too much of an advantage anyway to increase it to 33% success ratio is really too much power to this unit. The plane idea is not bad. But i dont like how your entire air force just turns into “Jet fighers overnight” and can cause problems. Why cant you just introduce a new unit and why does every previous unit have to morph into 50 different units??? Just add new units to the game that add this flavor you seek… That way you can now build heavy tanks, heavy artillery, jets, heavy bombers, heavy this and heavy that…

Impy I don’t do this just for me or you, but for everyone! And almost everyone does want it to be simple and smooth, which mean not too many different kinds of units. It is much better to upgrade units then adding new ones. It is my opinion and I simply don’t change it for your reasons. I hope you get my point. However I do want you to comment the ideas with good arguments. Could you please give me some that does not includes the use of new units? :D

About the AA gun ability, I do agree to the historical point af view. However it is all about playability and since it is a tech one has to spend some 30 IPCs on, it should be worth it! Don’t you think?

• If you want to keep it simple you would do away with these “national advantages” but you too feel the same as i do but want to approach it by some similiar avenue that is closer to what has allready been established. What you dont realize by all this pussyfooting is that you see a need to “improve” the game because its lacking in some respect. I totally agree that it needs some additional items…but this rears the ugly head of additional complexity which you detest. Believe me we are both brothers in the same cause and i will try to come up with something that you can be accomodating too. (at least thats the plan).

Id like to do away with AA guns consider: The level of abstraction in this game having ONE armor unit and ONE type of infantry unit does not lend itself to now offer a “unique” unit that becomes the anti-aircraft gun… No nation had ever assembled huge groups of these guns that just moved around and shot at aircraft… We have artillery that becomes basically all units such as anti-tank guns, assault guns, rail guns,long and short range artillery, self propelled artillery and yet we have another unit that JUST SHOOTS AT OTHER PLANES. Now this is quite absurd.
    I propose that artillery shoot at planes with a preemtive shot with one d10, while up to 2 can fire at each plane (rolled seperatly by plane type) to allow something along the lines of what you say to should be . This would allow an accurate demonstration of a/a abilities since now you have a statistical varation of 0,1,or 2 hits which fall within the framework of the possibility of losing a plane.
    The old AA gun can now be a specialized unit such as your heavy artillery or v-2 rocket launcher, or anti-tank gun or a whole host of speciality units. In this way we add a piece, add realism, and dont clutter up the game with complexity.

• @Imperious:

….
    I propose that artillery shoot at planes with a preemtive shot with one d10, while up to 2 can fire at each plane (rolled seperatly by plane type) to allow something along the lines of what you say to should be . This would allow an accurate demonstration of a/a abilities since now you have a statistical varation of 0,1,or 2 hits which fall within the framework of the possibility of losing a plane.
    The old AA gun can now be a specialized unit such as your heavy artillery or v-2 rocket launcher, or anti-tank gun or a whole host of speciality units. In this way we add a piece, add realism, and dont clutter up the game with complexity.

Ok! I like the idea about get rid of the original AA gun and giving the artillery gun a more versatile role, something like the one in A&AD:

Antiaircraft Artillery
    The regular antiaircraft gun unit is dismissed and replaced by a more versatile artillery unit. In addition to its normal combat ability, artillery can choose to defend against air units during the first cycle of combat only. All regular antiaircraft guns on the game board are replaced by two artillery units.

Suggestion #1:
    Your artillery fire against air units during the opening fire step of combat. Roll one die for each artillery. A roll of 1 destroys one attacking air unit, a casualty cannot return fire. The artillery unit may only fire ones in a combat cycle and hence cannot fire again during combat until the second cycle of combat, were all artillery units defend normal during combat.

Suggestion #2:
    Your artillery fire against a targeted air unit during the opening fire step of combat. Roll one die for each artillery, but each attacking air unit may not be targeted by more than two artillery units. A roll of 1 destroys the targeted air unit, a casualty cannot return fire. The artillery unit may fire again during combat.

When it comes to SBRs, one simply roll one die for each defending artillery as well. A roll on a 1 is a hit! Now those puny artillery (I almost never buy them) would be worth some 4 IPCs. Compare them to armor or infantry, its a lousy piece. But with the special abillity as an anitaircraft gun would be fine. I think I will play test it a couple of times. It would be great if one could get rid of the white piece of anitaircraft artillery, since it really don’t fit the game! :D

• It has to be on a D10 or it will bring too much value to a 4IPC unit. If you got Artillery at 2/2 plus +1 for each infantry , plus not it assumes the duty of a 1 in 6 chance of hittling airplanes… YIKES!! now they are better than infantry-

Just make it a d10 rolls as stated, but in the more elaborate manner of structure of which you stated and tell Juggernought your alter ego in crime that we now have a new piece!

• @Imperious:

It has to be on a D10 or it will bring too much value to a 4IPC unit. If you got Artillery at 2/2 plus +1 for each infantry , plus not it assumes the duty of a 1 in 6 chance of hittling airplanes… YIKES!! now they are better than infantry-

Just make it a d10 rolls as stated, but in the more elaborate manner of structure of which you stated and tell Juggernought your alter ego in crime that we now have a new piece!

Well, Impy I do agree upon that the 1 in 6 chance might be too much. However I think the rule is balanced when it comes to SBRs since it is hard to defend against 2-4 bombers performing a SBR! More over I will stick to a D6 based system. So what do you suggest for a D6 based system? I will think about it and come back as well! :-? Who is Jugger? :wink:

However I do think the price of 4 IPCs is right. You pay one extra IPC for a tank to not be dependant on Air Supremacy and infantry. More over the movement of 2 with blitzing ability is also worth something. Together all those advantages to the artillery unit should be enough to counter the special ability of antiaircraft fire. Don’t you think?

By the way which suggestion do you like most #1 or #2?

• If one think a 1 on 6 will bring too much value to a 4IPC unit. Then this will do (I still think the old one is better):

Antiaircraft Artillery

The regular antiaircraft gun unit is dismissed and replaced by a more versatile artillery unit. In addition to its normal combat ability, artillery can choose to defend against air units during the first cycle of combat only. All regular antiaircraft guns on the game board are replaced by artillery units.

Your artillery fire against a targeted air unit during the opening fire step of combat. Roll two dice for each artillery, but each attacking air unit may not be targeted by more than two artillery units. The total for each artillery’s two dice must add to 4 or less to shoot the targeted air unit down, a casualty cannot return fire. The artillery unit may fire again during combat.

• Who is Jugger?

he is somebody who basically is a carrier pegion that takes info here and drops it off at larrys site, basically all these ideas with NA’s are taken with him like a German adjunctant reporting to the Fuhrer.

• @Imperious:

Who is Jugger?

he is somebody who basically is a carrier pegion that takes info here and drops it off at larrys site, basically all these ideas with NA’s are taken with him like a German adjunctant reporting to the Fuhrer.

I will kill him, soner or later :lol: !

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m