• Sponsor

Hero Tokens

Each nation (prior to resolve combat) may designate one attacking or defending unit once per game, and alter their combat value to @5 or less.

• '17

I’d accept this House Rule…might make the openers a little different.

Allies: I’d designate 1 infantry at Yunnan.

Axis: I’d designate the Italian cruiser at SZ 97 and threaten to scramble 3 fighters (not 2 fighters and 1 German tac.). So many games my Italians roll 1 or no defensive hits.

(Would have to think about the other nations…but it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out). Land forces, bump up a mech (which is better than a straight leg infantry. Boats…bump up a sub or a destroyer somewhere.

• '19 '18 '17 '16

This one and done type of house rule would be easy to implement. No unit piece needed.

I would still prefer a unit piece that could be used more than once or until destroyed in battle.

@5 would work for a one time use, but less would seem better for a multiple use unit.

• '18 '17 '16

This was essentially my thinking when I created my Special Forces Unit with a few obvious differences. Each nation has 5 hero units that are purposefully over-powered. Once those units were eliminated they were lost for the rest of the game. There was no opportunity to use them to gang up in any territory since they were limited to one per territory.

Your idea is a much more simplified and abbreviated version of that, YG. I can see it being more beneficial to newer players than my SFU because of it’s simplicity.

• But the total tokens should be equal in quantity between axis and allies.

• I am surprised no one worked in rule for a General, Admiral, and National Leader.

• Sponsor

@Imperious:

But the total tokens should be equal in quantity between axis and allies.

Why? The Axis already have the balance advantage.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m