• I recently added a strip across our Production chart that shows Victory Levels. A magnetic “clock” symbol keeps track of which round it is. The number of rounds it takes your side to win determines your Victory Level.

Levels of victory are Glorious Victory, Major Victory, Standard Victory, Minor Victory, and Dubious Victory.

Dubious victory means that it has taken you so long to win, your country has lost excessive blood and suffers from war exhaustion. It is debatable whether you can even say you “won” the war.

The purpose of the Victory Levels is to encourage players that know they are going to lose to press on hoping for a better result. Then you can have new challenges, such as how long can you hold out vs. superior forces, or how do you manage a large income in order to bring about quick defeat.

• '18 '17 '16

Cool idea.

What are the determining factors to decide which level it is? Specific details.

Anytime I lose I claim it was a dubious victory for my opponent, hehe.

• The determining factor is what round the other side surrenders on. (We play until one side surrenders.) Since we play 3 nations vs. 3, when one side loses 2/3 capitals, they HAVE to surrender. But usually they voluntarily surrender before that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m