• I just started playing Axis & Allies 1941 and I need a little help with some attack scenarios.

Say I have Russian Units in Caucasus, Russia,Karelia and Archangel and I want to attack German held West Russia.  Since all four are connected to West Russia can I combat move units from all four territories into West Russia and attack?  Also if I had a Russian bomber and a fighter a couple zones away could they join in as well?

If I moved American troops and planes to the U.K. can they take part in an amphibious assault on West Europe when its the U.K.'s turn?  Do the American troops become part of the defense if they are in the U.K. with British troops and the U.K. is attacked?

If German troops from West Europe did an amphibious assault on the U.K. can fighters and bombers from Berlin be part of the attack?

Japan is in SZ45.  If a bomber leaves Japan is the first move SZ45 or SZ44?  When arriving in the Western U.S. is the last move SZ42 or the Western US.  Basically how many moves does a Bomber make going from Japan to the Western U.S.?

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

• '18 '17 '16

Say I have Russian Units in Caucasus, Russia,Karelia and Archangel and I want to attack German held West Russia.  Since all four are connected to West Russia can I combat move units from all four territories into West Russia and attack?

Yes, you can. But: it’s more a question of the movement value of the units than of a connection to a territory. For example, you can attack Western Russia with tanks from territories like Ural, because the movement value of tanks is two, that is , tanks are allowed to move 2 spaces. Infantry has got a movement value of 1, so they are allowed to move only one space. From where units attack is irrelevant as long as they follow their allowed movement value.

Also if I had a Russian bomber and a fighter a couple zones away could they join in as well?

Yes, it is allowed. But: aircraft must have a save landing space they can reach within their movement value. For example, the fighter can move 4 spaces, if you need three spaces to reach the territorry you want to attack, then you have only one space remaining to reach a safe landing spot (territorry belonging to you or your ally at the beginning of the turn).

If I moved American troops and planes to the U.K. can they take part in an amphibious assault on West Europe when its the U.K.'s turn?

No, they can’t. An attack combat always belongs to just a single party, that one, which performs the turn at that time.

Do the American troops become part of the defense if they are in the U.K. with British troops and the U.K. is attacked?

Yes, defending could be an allied action. If a territorry is attacked, then all standing troops regardless of which army defend. For example, Great Britain is attacked, in GB are several tanks and infantry units of Great Britain and United States deployed, they all defend against the attacker.

If German troops from West Europe did an amphibious assault on the U.K. can fighters and bombers from Berlin be part of the attack?

Yes, they can. Bear in mind, that you first have to clear off the sea zone the amphibious assault is emerging.

Japan is in SZ45.  If a bomber leaves Japan is the first move SZ45 or SZ44?

It’s sea zone 45.

When arriving in the Western U.S. is the last move SZ42 or the Western US?

The last move is Western US. But you wouldn’t reach Western US with a bomber from Japan, because it is beyond the allowed movement value of a bomber in combination with the rule to land safely (see above).

Basically how many moves does a Bomber make going from Japan to the Western U.S.?

You need 5 moves from Japan to the West US. In this case, given a movement value of six for a bomber one move is left to land safely. That is, you could only land in territorries one space apart of Western US: Mexico or Western Canada or Eastern US. Additionally, one of thes countries must belong to you or your ally at the beginning of the turn -before you start your attack…

• Thanks for the help!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m