• '12

bid is +14 allies - sub to 98 and des to 106.  starting map attached - scrambles?
    starting map.tsvg

• TripleA

i look forward to the game and hope you have fun…. and bad dice.

i will scramble to sz111
    and will scramble 3 fighters to sz109

• '12

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.7.0.3, time: 10:16:24

• '12

2 hits in 111 - what do you lose?  you already took down a ftr in 110 so your wish is being granted  :-P

G1 casualty choice.tsvg

• TripleA

the destroyer
    and tip the battleship

• '12

you hit back twice, i lost the battleship.  stupidly.

then i hit you 2 times in second round.  what do you lose?

• '12

if you hit back 2 or 3 times here, the game could be over in round 1.  :roll:

• TripleA

sink the battleship, lose the cruiser.

fighter flies high

• '12

well, that was complete disaster.  maybe you will get no hits in the land battles.  :lol:

• '12

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.7

Game History

Round: 1

Politics - Germans
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Adding units owned by British to 106 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
                EDIT: Adding units owned by British to 98 Sea Zone: 1 submarine
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 1 carrier and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                2 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Norway to 111 Sea Zone
                3 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to Southern France
                2 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to Southern France
                1 artillery, 3 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France
                1 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France
                2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Yugoslavia
                1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 armour and 1 infantry moved from Romania to Yugoslavia
                1 armour moved from Poland to Yugoslavia
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to France
                1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to Yugoslavia
                1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
                1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 110 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Germany to 111 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Germany to 110 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone

Combat - Germans
                British scrambles 3 units out of United Kingdom to defend against the attack in 109 Sea Zone
                British scrambles 1 units out of Scotland to defend against the attack in 111 Sea Zone
                Battle in 109 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 2 submarines
                    French defend with 1 fighter; British defend with 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 1 transport
                    British win with 3 fighters and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is -4
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 submarines
                    Casualties for British: 1 destroyer
                Battle in 110 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 2 submarines and 3 tactical_bombers
                    French defend with 1 cruiser; British defend with 1 battleship and 1 cruiser
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the British
                    Germans win with 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 22
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 fighter and 2 submarines
                    Casualties for French: 1 cruiser
                    Casualties for British: 1 battleship and 1 cruiser
                Battle in 111 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                    British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the British
                    British win with no units remaining. Battle score for attacker is -9
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Casualties for British: 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter
                Battle in France
                    Germans attack with 4 armour, 3 artilleries, 7 infantry, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber
                    French defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 factory_major, 1 fighter and 6 infantry; British defend with 1 armour and 1 artillery
                    Germans captures 19PUs while taking French capital
                    Germans converts factory_major into different units
                    Germans win, taking France from French with 4 armour and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 5
                    Casualties for Germans: 3 artilleries, 7 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Casualties for French: 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 armour and 1 artillery
                Battle in Yugoslavia
                    Germans attack with 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 9 infantry
                    Neutral_Allies defend with 5 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Yugoslavia from Neutral_Allies with 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 6 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 5 infantry
                    Casualties for Germans: 3 infantry
                Battle in Southern France
                    Germans attack with 2 armour and 2 mech_infantrys
                    French defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Southern France from French with 2 armour and 2 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                    Casualties for French: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                Moving scrambled unit from 109 Sea Zone back to originating territory: United Kingdom
                Moving scrambled unit from 109 Sea Zone back to originating territory: United Kingdom
                Trigger Germans Conquer France: Setting switch to true for conditionAttachment_French_1_Liberation_Switch attached to French

Non Combat Move - Germans
                1 fighter moved from Yugoslavia to Southern Italy
                1 cruiser and 1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
                1 bomber, 2 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from 110 Sea Zone to Western Germany
                3 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
                      Germans take Finland from Neutral_Axis
                3 infantry moved from Poland to Slovakia Hungary
                1 infantry moved from Romania to Bulgaria
                      Germans take Bulgaria from Neutral_Axis
                3 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Germany to Western Germany
                2 infantry moved from Denmark to 112 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 112 Sea Zone to Norway
                3 aaGuns and 7 infantry moved from Germany to Greater Southern Germany

Place Units - Germans
                1 carrier and 2 transports placed in 112 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Germans
                Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 3
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 93 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2,2
                Germans collect 39 PUs (3 lost to blockades); end with 58 PUs total
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 63 PUs
                Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 68 PUs

• '12

i don’t suppose you are interested in a reboot of that first round.  that went almost as badly as you could possibly imagine for the germans.  and to be truthful, i did roll the entire round the first time without your email (had mr. roboto’s email in tripleA since i had used that game to start this one) and the round went very much to odds throughout.  i just rerolled it because i didn’t want to mess with the hassle of explaining that the dice were rolled but didn’t go to your inbox.

• '12

i guess i’m admitting that there is no possible way i could beat you after those dice disasters.  i don’t know if i could even beat a tier 2 player after that start.  so let me know if you would be interested in forgetting those wicked dice ever surfaced their ugly heads and give me a courtesy 1 time reroll of G1 (no changes to the buy or combat moves).

• '12

in return, i could offer you a one time reroll of an entire round of dice.  full luck reroll of course.

• '12

if you’d rather just continue, i would understand - i just want to appeal to you from the standpoint that i think those dice were such heavy outliers that it is likely the match is ruined from the outset.  i think you should hope that the dice are relatively FAIR, not that they completely decimate your opponent in the first round  :-P

• TripleA

@Boldfresh:

well, that was complete disaster.  maybe you will get no hits in the land battles.  :lol:

yes you did get shitty dice.

@Boldfresh:

i don’t suppose you are interested in a reboot of that first round.

i’m not really excited to reboot let me think about it.

@Boldfresh:

that went almost as badly as you could possibly imagine for the germans.

it was very bad and definitely below average, but could have gone worse for you.

@Boldfresh:

if you’d rather just continue, i would understand -

i am not sure what i want to do yet

@Boldfresh:

i just want to appeal to you from the standpoint that i think those dice were such heavy outliers that it is likely the match is ruined from the outset.

i dont think they are very heavy outliers
    this was a very risky opening.
    you attacked both big british naveis in sz110 and sz11(even the weird low odds attack on sz109 but i will ignore that for now) and paris and southern france.

in the paris battle, the end result you had was about 20% and could have been worse, much worse, there was a 2% chance that france would hold paris.

in sz111 you had an 82% chance of winning. you got the bottom 18% percent, but that battle could have gone worse as well and i could have won it 12% of the time.

in sz110, without me scrambling it is a very safe battle, and you got below odds. but that result happens about 25% of the time.

southern france, yugoslavia, and sz109 combined were almost average.

@Boldfresh:

i think you should hope that the dice are relatively FAIR, not that they completely decimate your opponent in the first round  :-P

sort of. if my opponent makes conservative attacks with overwhelming odds i don’t want them to get screwed by the dice. but i need bad dice to act as the disincentive for risky attacks.

i feel confident in my game that if my opponent does not get very lucky dice in risky battles i will win, assuming i don’t have a brain fart(i have made a handful in my games).
    my opponents have an incentive to make risky attacks and hope to get lucky, but i need the disincentive of bad luck to keep them from even trying the risky attacks.

i need my opponents to know that bad dice can end their game, guiding them to make more conservative attacks.

i just went through all 17 of my league, death t.v., and xdap matches in which there were regular dice and i was germany.

not once did i make an attack in sz111 as risky as this game.
    not once did i make an attack on paris as risky as this game.

you combined both these risky attacks in ONE game, and got bad dice.

actually after going through all this and typing this out i now feel i don’t want to redo the german turn.

i don’t want you to feel slighted so maybe we can do something else.
    i also don’t want to give you(or any future opponents) a redo to get lucky.
    i don’t want to just edit the average result for all the battles as this is EXTREMELY favourable to the attacker. i consider it very lucky to get the mean result in all my attacks on one powers turn.
    possibly we play the game in lowluck?
    do you have any other suggestions?

• '12

let’s just play it out from here then.

• '12

my main point is yes, i did get unlucky in some battles and because i took some riskier battles, i have to expect that to happen sometimes.  but to get bottom 20% in multiple battles in the same turn is beyond expected.  i don’t really want to discuss the dice any further - if you are not willing to consider the fact that i did roll what i thought were live dice the first time around (accidentally sent to roboto) and those dice resulted in a roughly even outcome then i guess there is nothing else to do but continue with these second (terrible) dice.

• '12

i am not really interested in a low luck match as i would be totally out of my element - it would be the first ever match i have played that way.

• '12

i guess i thought the one time full luck reroll was a good option since you would have the compensatory reroll should you also ever receive such a terrible “string” of luck.

• '12

i dont think they are very heavy outliers

I agree with you in this statement - no one battle was a heavy outlier.  the heavy outlier was the combined outcome.  for two battles to go to odds (109 and s fra) and the other 4 battles to go way below odds, that’s what i meant by a heavy outlier.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m