• I personally would like to talk and read about Axis and Allies 1914 but every conversation turns into a conversation about what’s going to be in the other WW1 game coming out. So would people if they don’t mind talk about the other game here and let everyone else that wants to talk about Axis and Allies 1914 do that in the Axis and Allies 1914 part of the forum.

• Im exited to play as Ottaman!

• Thank you for starting this new thread.

I’d like to go ahead and now turn your thread into another discussion about the elaborate house rules that will definitely need to be put into the game that I haven’t yet played.

And then I’m going to segue into talking about other, competing WWI games.

• Okay, here I am to talk about the other games I haven’t played that I think will probably be much better than the game I also haven’t played, but that you would like to discuss.

No, just kidding.

I’m really curious to see the infantry sculpts. A bit disappointed that WOTC can’t seem to settle on a reasonable and static color scheme for its player-pieces, but I do like that the Turks are turquoise.

• @empireman:

Im exited to play as Ottaman!

so am I

• http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29344.0

already got a thread on this, unless you talking about the third ww1 game?

• didn’t realize that with everyone talking about the other game in the wrong forum

• @Yavid:

@empireman:

Im exited to play as Ottaman!

so am I

Yeah, It will be fun trying to invade the balkans and defending the Israel from UK.

Austria Hungary will be interesting to. Invading Italy from the north and Russia from the south.

Even France will be cool cause its actually seeing round 2!  :lol:

• Customizer

But will it see round 3?

If the game is set up historically the Germans will be massed in the west poised to take Paris on turn 2.

• Yes and the setup allows this, but the odds are not in her favor. If she is lucky the game could end early ( not really officially because the central powers still need to do some other things to win but a major step).

The Germans get a special move only on turn one: Schlieffen plan:

Germany’s Schleiffen Plan:
        If Germany invades Belgium on turn one, the forces that capture the territory get an immediate second impulse to move and/or attack.  Note: this is the only time during the game in which air units can land in the newly-captured (Belgian) territory.  This bonus move is done immediately before non- combat movement, and the new captured territory may function as a production center or as a rail hub.  Units which do not take their bonus move may entrench instead or make a non-combat move to an adjacent territory.  Rail may be used.  Aircraft may remain in Belgium. If the attack on Belgium is not done on turn one, then this advantage is forever lost.

• Customizer

How does this stand re the Russians?

The other part of the plan was the assumption that the Russians would be so slow to mobilize, partly because that their railways were so relatively poor, that France could be beaten before there were any serious Russian invasion of Prussia.

Also, is the SP mandatory? Does your setup allow Germany to choose another plan such as concentrating on Russia first? (I’ve suggested a secret mobilization turn before war breaks out, where each power writes down non-combat moves in secret. They are then revealed simultaneously and units sent where they’re ordered. All units in this case will start in their peacetime depots, that is pretty evenly distributed among home tts.)

It could be argued that the SP was in effect a win-or-nothing strategy: if it succeeded Germany had effectively won the war, if it didn’t the best they could hope for was a favourable armistice.

• How does this stand re the Russians?

The other part of the plan was the assumption that the Russians would be so slow to mobilize, partly because that their railways were so relatively poor, that France could be beaten before there were any serious Russian invasion of Prussia.

Also, is the SP mandatory? Does your setup allow Germany to choose another plan such as concentrating on Russia first? (I’ve suggested a secret mobilization turn before war breaks out, where each power writes down non-combat moves in secret. They are then revealed simultaneously and units sent where they’re ordered. All units in this case will start in their peacetime depots, that is pretty evenly distributed among home tts.)

It could be argued that the SP was in effect a win-or-nothing strategy: if it succeeded Germany had effectively won the war, if it didn’t the best they could hope for was a favourable armistice.

The Russians are setup to strike and on the first turn they play first. The German player has to gauge the success of her first strike and decide if Schlieffen is a good plan or not. SP is always an option, it just describes how the German player can do it. The setup is the setup, it does not change around because that is not in keeping with Axis and Allies style games. We accept that the plan has been around for a long time and that the German deployment has this in the setup.  SP can result in taking Paris only if the German player gets great dice results. But taking Paris is still a part of winning the game, CP needs to do a few other things but the loss of Paris is a great start.

• Customizer

What material are you producing the board in? I’d hope for a surface that can be drawn on then wiped clean, so I can draw in railways and such.

• It is normal cardboard like all proper game maps, but this is 5 x 4 foot map. Don’t draw on it, just buy HBG rail markers

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m