• It occurred to me after my last game that I might be interpreting the rules on artillery incorrectly. The way I was taught, let’s say you had 12 infantry and 2 artillery on the attack. You would roll for your 12 infantry looking for any 1s, but because you had the 2 artillery you could pick out two 2s and use those as hits for the attack bonus. Is this correct? Or would you first roll your 10 infantry looking for 1s, and then roll for your 2 artillery and 2 supported infantry seperately?

• Your second thought is correct.
    For each Artillery, a single Infantry gets “bumped” up to roll at 2 instead of 1.

• @Alsch91:

Your second thought is correct.
    For each Artillery, a single Infantry gets “bumped” up to roll at 2 instead of 1.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

• Sponsor

@Alsch91:

Your second thought is correct.

Some forget that mech infantry are also supported by artillery, just like they forget that tanks and not just fighters upgrade tac bombers (goes without saying, I’m sure).

• Customizer

I don’t mean to complicate things, but if you play with techs and get the “Advanced Artillery” tech, each artillery can boost 2 infantry, 2 mech infantry or one of each up to an attack value of 2.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m