Blockhouse units for all A&A games

• I’ve finally found the perfect blockhouse piece. These were discovered by accident while browsing through a dollar store, of all places. It’s those slide puzzle things we likely all played with as kids. So for $1 you get 32 plastic units; great deal. The best part is all you have to do is paint them; I found Humbrol #127 Satin US Ghost Grey the best match.

So far I like the idea someone shared of being 15 IPC each, one per territory, and allows any artillery there to fire first during amphibious assaults. Of course, if anyone comes up with the IDEAL rules for how these can be used, please share…

(sorry if this is the wrong place to post this)

• I like this idea Adam, it works and its cheap. Hears my idea for a blockhouse.

Why not just make it a $12 facility (like minor IC), give it built in AA (like minor IC), and allow it to soak up 3 hits in a battle (similar to minor IC production), but can be SBR same as minor IC (-3). If bombed to 0 (or more), it doesn’t soak up hits. If it has 1 damage marker, then it can only soak up 2 hits. Can’t be destroyed, or moved (like minor IC)

Its a def fortress, shouldn’t have an attack value IMO, but protects your units.

This sounds very kiss, and very doable.

• Id like to see the round one posted… could be good for Japanese pillbox.

also side view or view of other side?

• I am going to look for some of these. I tried Walmart last night but none to be found.

• @adam.hall:

Hopefully they’re not just sold in Canadian dollar stores. I did buy extras (you really only need one pack) because they were so cheap; could send you one depending on postage…let me know.  :wink:

We have a store in town called Nobbies that sells things like this. I will check it out this week some time and hopefully they have some.

• I found a pack of these at a Dollar General store. They were on sale for 25% off so with tax the pack of 4 cost $.80. Thanks for the tip. I can’t wait to paint these and add them to my games.

• interesting… but to use these in A&A 1942 they may need to have different stats.

Blockhouse Cost 6-8 Move 0 Att 0  Def. 0
    — Only 1 Per Territ, holds 1 or 2 inf. unit
    — 2 or 3 DMG Unit (never Destroyed)
    — • Inf. + B. House = Inf. inside Def. 3
    or
    — • Inf. + B. House = Inf. fire preemptively during Amp Assault
    on 1st cycle hit on a 1

• @adam.hall:

@skinny1:

I found a pack of these at a Dollar General store. They were on sale for 25% off so with tax the pack of 4 cost $.80. Thanks for the tip. I can’t wait to paint these and add them to my games.

Good to hear you tracked some down; are they exactly the same? Paint 'em up and post some photos.  :-)

Yeah, they are the same. Package was a little different but the pieces are the same.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m