• I heard some rumors at LGD about the upcoming AA40 Europe game, and that it might have a Railway Station tokens that boost land unit move with one extra space. Then tanks will move 3 and infantry will move 2 when starting from a Railway Station. This is because all the new territories.

Then the facility system will look like this:

Naval Base boost ships with one extra space.
    Airbase boost aircrafts with one extra space.
    Railway Station boost land units with one extra space.

• I haven’t heard that, but I LOVE the idea.  If it’s not included OoB, it should definitely be a house rule.

• There is a Trans-Siberian railway represented in Colonial Diplomacy.  I highly recommend that game!

• '10

i saw eagle mention it on larry’s site, but nothing from larry

• @johnnymarr:

i saw eagle mention it on larry’s site, but nothing from larry

I think Flashman posted his ideas on rail movement somewhere.

• let me dig something up:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=15938.0

“Strategic movement: All land units that do not move until Non-Combat may more one extra territory as long as these are originally controlled territories at the start of the game.”

Flashman is also posted about this need for more land movement.

• I don’t think it would be that bad as long as you couldn’t rail into newly conquered territories.

• right that makes sence.

• @Imperious:

“Strategic movement: All land units that do not move until Non-Combat may move one extra territory as long as these are originally controlled territories at the start of the game.”

No I dont agree. This is 1940 after all, and a lot of places in Africa and Asia didn’t have any railways.

If you pay 15 IPC for a Railway Station, you build railways and trains in that specific territory, that allow for fast travel in that specific territory.

• Customizer

Yes, it is vital that rail movement is not into combat.  Since I don’t have a NCM phase it also cannot be into newly captured areas.

It can thus be unlimited, as the enemy can counter with his own rail movements before you can use the detrained  forces to attack.

• Rail movement could also be hampered by strategic bombing, similar to air and naval base damage.

• @mike55:

Rail movement could also be hampered by strategic bombing, similar to air and naval base damage.

Good idea. I think this whole rail movement is gonna’ end up being a house rule though.

• @mike55:

Rail movement could also be hampered by strategic bombing, similar to air and naval base damage.

Yes, like in the real wars. But then we need a Railway Token to put the damage markers under, just like we do with the NB and AB. Cost 15, and can still work with 3 damage, and take 6 damage total. We cant do this with Flashman’s fantazy rule.

• me and my friends have been talking bout this for awhile
    i say they cost 5 ipcs and are destroyed if that territory is captured

• @Fighter212:

me and my friends have been talking bout this for awhile
    i say they cost 5 ipcs and are destroyed if that territory is captured

Now that might make some sense, but don’t you know that nothing ever got destroyed in WWII except for armies?  :-P

• FMG is talkin’ about making a rail movement piece.

• thats pretty awesome how many territories would the rail go through?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

thats pretty awesome how many territories would the rail go through?

I think the idea is that you can move across as many rail linked territories as you control.

• As the first post state, the Railway Station should work the same way as Naval Base and Airbase, and that is the Station give you one extra move.

Naval Base lets ships move one more space.
    Airbase lets aircrafts move one more space.
    Train Station lets land units move one more space. If you start from a Train Station, your infantry move 2 and your tanks move 3.

But then Frog released a new idea. In non-combat move you may move infantry between two Airbases up to 6 spaces apart, and pretend transport planes did it. So to continue this, lets say in non-combat you may move infantry between two Railway Stations up to 6 spaces apart.

• How about placement of rail stations at set-up. I would think each victory city would be a good place to start. These are centers of production that would have such infrastructures to adjoining tt.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m