• I was playing around with the idea of generals for Axis and Allies.
    Generals would marshal forces, always count as a hit, as long as they were accompanies by those forces. eg: a panzer general would require tanks to provide a free kill, otherwise he’d roll same as an infantry. a naval general would require a naval attack unit, to get a free kill, otherwise he’d defend as a transport. etc. The luftwaffe general would require air units to provide his free kill per round etc. and could ride on a bomber (bomber transport rule would have to be on) to ensure that bomber rolled a six on ipc raids.
    generals once killed, couldn’t be replaced, unless you were running an experience point system on units, allowing a unit with sufficient kills to be ‘promoted’ to a general, if there was a vacancy.
    The axis and allies sides should have to have the same number of generals, to make it fair, but the types of generals wouldn’t have to be in pairity. eg: the russians might only start with one infantry general, and the japanese might have two naval generals. The us would have two naval generals (one per ocean) the germans would have an air, panzer, and naval general, while the uk would only have a naval and an air general.
    The naval general would act like a free battleship hit on an amphibious, and only for the first round (since he can’t occupy land.) the panzer general for germany could make one tank in the unit a king tiger (an extra +1/+1 for that tank) the russian infantry general could make one conscript per round of defensive combat (infantry that only count for that battle) at a cost of 1 ipc. remember, those units are only counted for that combat phase. the air general could ride aboard a bobmer on a bombing run to make it hit at 6… They all have unique abilities, and it could change the course of the game. Especially once you loose a general.

• '19 Moderator

I could be fun to goof off with if your games got boreing.

This is similar to the hero rule I have seen, where each country gets a special unit, usualy a piece that has been mutilated. Then you make up a special power for the guy.

• Hmm…
    (Thinking.)

I might try it.
    (Quickly writing a note.)

• lmfao i like on Tom Green when they play Celery Generals :D

basically, you make little men out of celery, cherry tomatoes, and toothpicks! then you each set your general out on the road…if my general got hit first, then the other person would have to pour dressing on it and eat it off the road. lol, i wanna try it. tom green rules 8)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m