Funny YouTube video about Axis & Allies

• @LHoffman:

@Dylan:

@Upside-down_Turtle:

Well, I guess my Lord of the Rings Monopoly doesn’t count…but I’ve had some people who didn’t want to play monopoly because it “had a lot of rules”

Yes, 5 pages is a lot less than 39, but it doesn’t exactly have a record for simplicity.

So? If monopoly is too hard for you, you need to give up on board games, I was playing the full version since I was 6.

Yeah… same here. If you don’t mind my asking… where are you from Upside-down? If you are American, well I figure that most all Americans know how to play Monopoly. Even Canadians too it seems. I think Monopoly is very simple and A&A is quite easy after you have been exposed to it for a while. I think your friends must have Attention Deficit or something.

The rules for A&A could be condensed to much shorter form because much of the rulebook deals with different contingencies that may arise in gameplay. The actual structure of the game is not very difficult to comprehend.

Even? Umm, of corse the 51st state, knows how.

• America’s hat is on top of its head, right up next to its brain. Monoploy wisdom must have seeped through the skull…

• @McMan:

America’s hat is on top of its head, right up next to its brain. Monoploy wisdom must have seeped through the skull…

It’s a very nice hat then

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Dylan:

@McMan:

America’s hat is on top of its head, right up next to its brain. Monoploy wisdom must have seeped through the skull…

A very large hat to be sure.

• @Dylan:

@Upside-down_Turtle:

Well, I guess my Lord of the Rings Monopoly doesn’t count…but I’ve had some people who didn’t want to play monopoly because it “had a lot of rules”

Yes, 5 pages is a lot less than 39, but it doesn’t exactly have a record for simplicity.

So? If monopoly is too hard for you, you need to give up on board games, I was playing the full version since I was 6.

agreed

I’m from Jersey.

Come to think of it, I haven’t heard someone say monopoly was hard since I was very young, and I think it was my little brother.

so……lets just say I’m stupid/wrong and drop it.

Btw, just played my first ever game of Settlers of Catan.  Even after having it explained to me 3 times, I was totally brain dead on it until I actually started playing.  Almost won, too, surprisingly.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

[Btw, just played my first ever game of Settlers of Catan.  Even after having it explained to me 3 times, I was totally brain dead on it until I actually started playing.  Almost won, too, surprisingly. 
    [/quote]

Don’t worry you’ll get a grip on it quickly.
    A great game especially for mixed company!

• @LHoffman:

@Dylan:

@McMan:

A very large hat to be sure.

I think I live in that hat.

• Btw, just played my first ever game of Settlers of Catan.  Even after having it explained to me 3 times, I was totally brain dead on it until I actually started playing.  Almost won, too, surprisingly

I love that game! It doesn’t make sense until you play it. During my first game I won and I didn’t even notice until someone else pointed it out to me. But this post is off topic…

If those people don’t have the patience to read through the rulebook, they definitely don’t have the patience to sit through 15 rounds and 5 hours of actual gameplay.

• @Axisgirl:

That video wasnt funny. MY brother is making a response.

Just because it is totally wrong doesn’t make it not funny. It is funny how lazy those people are (at least in regards to gaming).

• I agree. It’s funny because the game is not that hard to comprehend. I started playing A&A at 12, and while my first few games I was playing wrong, that was mainly because I never really read the rule book. Once you sit down and read it once, the only time you have to use it again is if you are doing something like an amphibious assault or shore bombardment, something that maybe only comes up once or twice in a game. Other than that the basic premise is really easy to understand.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m