November 23, 2014, 12:28:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Help support TripleA software development. Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Pages: 1 2 3 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Japan Strategy  (Read 11720 times)
Solomaxwell
A&A.org Infantry

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2006, 02:32:08 pm »

I was curious on what other people typically did for Japan. Do others primarily focus on preventing America from aiding Russia and Britain, or is your primary concern invading Asia and helping Germany finish off the USSR? In my games, Japan tends to be the weak link, and I want to know your strategies for dealing the most damage with it.
ncscswitch
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 02:41:07 pm »

Japan has to assist with killing USSR, otherwise the Axis loses.

Build TRN's, start offloading forces to Asia, and keep your "pipeline" full so that if Russia counter-attacks, you are solid behind your front and can keep your offensive going.

Basically, the only way to play Japan is as a relentless wave of forces flowing toward Moscow... mostly INF, backed up by your AF to provide offensive punch... and you simply "walk" to Russia 1 territory at a time using overwhelming INF and AF against a divided Russia.

Of course the kicker is that Germany has to be played in a manner that allows Germany to preserve their offensive threat on Russia.  If Germany has to turtle and no longer threatens the USSR, then Japan will never be able to sustain a break in the E/N/K perimeter and will be slowly but inexorably driven back into the Pacific...
MADDOGG
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 05:23:43 pm »

I concur with brother Switch!! Want to play me Solo?? Do you still think you might be the better player? Prove it. I remember what you said.
madscientist
A&A.org Artillery

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 05:43:45 pm »

Concentrate on taking as much of Asia as you can, using your air force along with troops. Build at least 2 trn on the first round, and maybe 3 inf. Once you have 4 trns shipping 8 inf per round toward Russia, you can build a factory in Manchuria that can send an additional 3 tanks per round at Russia.
ncscswitch
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 05:47:41 pm »

W/O restricted IC's (as Classic is set up), to heck with IC's, keep your TRN's full, building more as needed,  and ship everything from Japan!
MADDOGG
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 05:57:55 pm »

I disagree there. Once you flood the continent with infantry,I believe IC's can be very useful in kicking out tanks. But you do need to flood the area with infantry first.
ncscswitch
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 06:00:33 pm »

Nah, just keep building TRN's to send the ARM and INF...

It adds the benefit of scaring the shite out of the US and forcing them to consider a landign in Alaska with a TON of units...
Solomaxwell
A&A.org Infantry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 06:09:04 pm »

Thank you, everyone. I always send some Armor into USSR and the mainland to support the units already there, but since I've never played a game against another person with me playing Axis (I've only done it against either AI or myself), it's more difficult to get a feel for it, you know?

And MADDOGG... Please, just leave me alone. I am generally a nice and respectful guy, unless you do something to annoy me, as you did. The second response was fine, but just forgive and forget, alright?
MADDOGG
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 06:33:39 pm »

OK, I'll leave you alone... Now where is this Dethsquad character. I want some of his ass!!
rawdawg
A&A.org Infantry

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 03:55:51 pm »

If you focus too much on the Asian continent, you can get allot of resources every turn, the downside is that you are leaving Germany high and dry. If all 3 Allies are going for Germany, they wont last long. Push on Russia but make sure you leave enough forces south to defend. Just your presence alone will rattle the Red Army and alleviate some pressure from Germany. If you have the chance to push south also, do that, just don't forget to have a strong front in Russia that will make them want to pull to the other side of moscow.

I call this conservatively aggressive.
__N_F_L__39
A&A.org New Conscript

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 11:08:35 pm »

Japan has to assist with killing USSR, otherwise the Axis loses.

Build TRN's, start offloading forces to Asia, and keep your "pipeline" full so that if Russia counter-attacks, you are solid behind your front and can keep your offensive going.

Basically, the only way to play Japan is as a relentless wave of forces flowing toward Moscow... mostly INF, backed up by your AF to provide offensive punch... and you simply "walk" to Russia 1 territory at a time using overwhelming INF and AF against a divided Russia.

Of course the kicker is that Germany has to be played in a manner that allows Germany to preserve their offensive threat on Russia. If Germany has to turtle and no longer threatens the USSR, then Japan will never be able to sustain a break in the E/N/K perimeter and will be slowly but inexorably driven back into the Pacific...

You seem like a very good axis player and I would enjoy the chance to play you at a game of A&A. I play in a club where we play with the cd I don't know where you guys play. I play on WarZone in a club called aawc. maybe you or anyone else who wants to would be interested in checking us out. www.axisandalliesworldclub.com
ncscswitch
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 01:08:27 am »

Most of us game in the Games area of this site (play by forum).

Currently we have a Revised Tournament in progress.

If you are using the CD-ROM, then you are playing 2nd and/or 3rd Edition, or what is commonly called "Classic".  We have a number of Classic players here, and I am sure that several of them would be happy to have some new opponents!

Brwose around the site, make yourself comfortable, and welcome aboard!
__N_F_L__39
A&A.org New Conscript

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 08:55:37 am »

You have a server of classic players in here?
ncscswitch
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 02:33:46 pm »

We have a number of Classic players.  Some of them are listed in on the Active Players roster under the Find a Game topic area.  But not all Classic players have yet chosen to list themselves there.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=7144.0
Cmdr Jennifer
Site Moderator
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

League and Tournament Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 05:37:48 pm »

Unfortunately, I have to concur.  The only proven strategy is to build units to take Asia and knock out the hawaiian fleet on J1.

Though, others have tried to the US first, you just don't have the production to out produce the United States and give up going for England until you own the IC in Karelia with Japan.
Pages: 1 2 3 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

2014 Support Drive
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Field Marshal Games