• You will find everything you need to play AA42 (and other AA games) in this thread:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12873.0

A big “Thank You” to HolKann for providing “all in a box”.

(Original post deleted because it has become obsolete now as the modules are done.)

• Only one change in map
    Central Usa at Eastern Usa instead Western Usa

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@dante:

Only one change in map

I think I like that better.

• @dante:

Only one change in map

So compared to Revised Central USA borders to East Canada (no longer West Canada) in the North and to Panama in the South (no longer to Mexico)?

• @dante:

Only one change in map

This was already the case in revised ;)

Edit : ok I see. The difference is how it is connected with Canada

• I don’t like the new changes in America, both damage Polar Express: Perry Channel frozen is a pain in the ass for Japan, and the new position of CUSA makes impossible trading it from WCan

They needed make changes in America, but were others: a new territory between WCan and WUSA, and WUSA reduced to 8 IPCs. Also, Alaska made 3 IPCs

• It should be quite easy to create modules for AA42 using the modules of AAR.
    Depending on what changes really are made.

But I found out that in ABattlemap 0.79f the AAR modules are partly inaccurate.

Are there any updated modules available? Where?

Thank you :-)

• 1. Two changes: CUS and a frozen Perry Channel
    2. The rules are (completely?) AA50
    3. I do think there is need for special charts in the AA42 module, because one can simply use the tech charts of AA50. And tbh, I think this will be done a lot.
    4. Dunnow, we’ll see about that
    5. see 2.

I think it is a good idea to make new modules for AA42. There are too many changes to work around using only AAR modules (don’t forget the cru’s!), besides the point that AAR has some bugs of its own. If anyone can come up with a good map, I’ll be more than happy to turn it into ABattleMap modules ;)

• @HolKann:

1. Two changes: CUS and a frozen Perry Channel

Yes, and CUS bordering to ECa and Pan (instread of WCa and Mex)

@HolKann:

2. The rules are (completely?) AA50
    3. I do think there is need for special charts in the AA42 module, because one can simply use the tech charts of AA50. And tbh, I think this will be done a lot.
    4. Dunnow, we’ll see about that
    5. see 2.

I think it is a good idea to make new modules for AA42. There are too many changes to work around using only AAR modules (don’t forget the cru’s!), besides the point that AAR has some bugs of its own. If anyone can come up with a good map, I’ll be more than happy to turn it into ABattleMap modules ;)

Sure, I just thought the AAR modules to be an easy startup for AA42 modules. But using AA50-modules would be very comfortable, but a lot of work, because there is so much more to change.
    The 42-map is close to AAR, the units are more to AA50 (except Italy and China). The charts of AA50 (Unit stats, “Bank”, Fleetmarker-Zones) will definitely be of good use! Tech is not required, as it is not part of AA42 (except house rules of course).

The greatest problem will be the map to start with, as the AAR-map that comes with ABattlemap .79f is buggy. The AA50 map may be too difficult to alter, I don’t know.

:-)

• @P@nther:

Sure, I just thought the AAR modules to be an easy startup for AA42 modules. But using AA50-modules would be very comfortable, but a lot of work, because there is so much more to change.
    The 42-map is close to AAR, the units are more to AA50 (except Italy and China). The charts of AA50 (Unit stats, “Bank”, Fleetmarker-Zones) will definitely be of good use! Tech is not required, as it is not part of AA42 (except house rules of course).

The greatest problem will be the map to start with, as the AAR-map that comes with ABattlemap .79f is buggy. The AA50 map may be too difficult to alter, I don’t know.

The most difficult work for the modules will probably be making a good map. After that, I (or someone else who knows how to) can make the .sek and .map files for the modules (without the bugs present in AAR). After that, just add the AA50 units and probably the AA50 tech, bank, fleet zone, VC counter etc. to the map and it will be (almost) finished. Hmm, maybe IL’s map 1942 map could be a good start…

The reason why I think tech should be involved in the modules is because it’s simply too easy: the only reason not to include it would be because it’s not in the official rules  :?

• @HolKann:

@P@nther:

The most difficult work for the modules will probably be making a good map. After that, I (or someone else who knows how to) can make the .sek and .map files for the modules (without the bugs present in AAR). After that, just add the AA50 units and probably the AA50 tech, bank, fleet zone, VC counter etc. to the map and it will be (almost) finished. Hmm, maybe IL’s map 1942 map could be a good start…

The reason why I think tech should be involved in the modules is because it’s simply too easy: the only reason not to include it would be because it’s not in the official rules  :?

Great! Sounds like a plan to me …   :-)

• AA50 tech should be used in AA42. I wonder why didn’t added into the “new” game, at least as optional rule

• Woot, the AA42 module is finished (though suggestions to map coloring etc. will still be considered), and it’s added to the AModulesPack. Have fun!

• http://www.mediafire.com/?tutmnjlvr4j

map file from July 25th post.

• @Imperious:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=15088.msg474998#msg474998

i scanned the set up sheets

Yeah, I know, I used them, many thanks!

@Imperious:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tutmnjlvr4j

map file from July 25th post.

I seem unable to download it now, but last time I checked, your map was flawed:
    -baltic states were not yet joined with Eeu
    -SZ 55 bordering to Wca
    -some other stuff, can’t recall

With Unit Gather Zone 8 I mean both its mouseover text and appropriate “flag” are missing.
    'nyway, if you find any bugs, let me know so I can fix them  8-)

• i will take a look and fix this.

• Hmm, if I remember correctly, Gibraltar was connected to Z12 too, which is not so in 1942.

• ok its fixed.

here is final:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0jj2zyunrwm

• @Imperious:

ok its fixed.

here is final:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0jj2zyunrwm

SZ 55 still is bordering to Wca, whilst on the pics of boardgamegeek, it isn’t. If you’d like your map turned into an ABattleMap module, I’ll need a smaller layered fileformat to work with, preferably .pdn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m