… on Wednesday.
Beamdog has announced that Axis & Allies 1942 Online will be released on Steam for Early Access on Wednesday, July 31, 2019. The game also has a slightly new name, note 1942 added to the title, as well as several new features.
Beamdog has kept their promise of listening to the community about functionality and game play. After the announcement last March, they gathered feedback and made several important changes to the game before launching Early Access to the public.
One of the most requested features was the ability to choose order of loss for units. In Axis & Allies 1942 Online this will be done via Defense Profiles, where a player can save and select multiple order-of-loss profiles and switch between them during game play.
Other noticeable changes are to the graphics and UI in the game. The map, units, and interface have all been updated. Seen the screenshots below for more details.
All of the other changes are as follows:
- New In-Game Unit Sprites
- Updated World Map with infinite scroll
- Combat Board
- Intro & Outro Videos
- New dice rolling and hit animations
- Victory & Defeat screens
- Whole new voiced tutorial experience
- Updated phase confirmation dialogues
- New options
- Loading Screen tips
- Keyboard shortcuts added
- Screen edge scrolling
- Defense Profiles!
- Players are now able to customize the order of loss for their units while on defense.
- Players may save multiple profiles and switch between them freely during game play.
- Number 1 community requested feature since announcement in February
Special thanks to Beamdog for providing the screenshots below. Click the images for larger versions.