I am currently trying to build up a house rule that basically goes beyond simply Axis vs Allies.
Basically the game will be divided into 5 different camps trying to seek world domination.
- The Pact of Steel (Ger+Ita)
- The Allies (UK+Fr)
- The USSR
- The USA
The focus of the game will go beyond destroying another camps, but trying to seek for balance of power and self-interests.
The game will remain the same until turn 4 when US and Russia can join the war freely.
Anzac will be integrated into UK Pacific. UK Pacific controls all Dutch terrorities from turn 1
Tech will be introduced in the game similar to ‘The Cliffside Bunker House Rules’
- Controlling Washington, London, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Moscow, Calcutta, Sydney, Tokyo will each be given 1 free tech.
- 6 victory cities on the Pacific map (US+China count together)
- 7 victory cities on the Europe map (Ger+It, UK+Fr count together)
- combined total of 100 IPCs on the income tracker
which will in total be 12 diff tech. (By doing so the weak UK will have an advantage of having 3 tech at the beginning)
New possible national objectives
- Ger occupy London +5IPC
- Japan controlling or ruling China (will be explain later) +5IPC
- UK Europe full Allies control of Africa +5IPC
- UK Europe London-Calcutta free of enemy warship (if pass by Med)+5IPC (if pass by Cape of Good Hope) +2IPC
- UK Europe full Allies control of South America +3IPC
- UK Europe occupy Washington +5IPC
- USSR control +3IPC or ruling +5IPC China
- Italy occupy Spain, Turkey, Paris, London each+5IPC
- Italy Axis full control over Africa +5IPC
- USA full control of South America (all territories) +5IPC
- USA control of North America +3IPC
- USA control over victorious cities +5IPC each
- France occupy Spain, Rome, Berlin, Warsaw, Moscow +5IPC each
New China Rule
Given the ongoing Chinese Civil War, several scenarios may apply:
-Japan can set up a Chinese puppet govt (Capital in Kiangsu) before the collect income turn if all Chinese territories are occupied.
All original Chinese territories (except for Manchuria, Kwangtung, Hainan and Formosa depends on the Japanese player) must be given back to China if Japan decides to do so.
+5IPC bonus will still apply even the puppet state is set up
-USSR can set up a Communist Chinese govt if the USSR control 3 or above Chinese territories. +3 IPC
Manchuria will be the capital if the unification of China by Communist China happens. (Hainan and Formosa is considered to be part of China)
-UK and Ger can also set up Chinese puppet govt (Capital in Kiangsu) if 6 or above Chinese territories are occupied. (Formosa will be considered as part of China)
There can only be 2 diff Chinese govt maximum. Mongolia is considered to be part of China.
Japan and USSR have their own ‘Burma road’ type bonus of +6IPC to China
USSR: Kansu, Novosibirsk, Samara, Russia
Japan: Kiangsu, SZ19, SZ6, Japan
China can produce inf and art anywhere on its territories. After the unification of China, it can set up industries and build all types of troops as a normal country. (must be build on IC)
Chinese army can leave China after unification.
- Countries are allowed to collect IPC even their capital has fallen. UK will apply the 2nd Capital rule as ‘The Cliffside Bunker House Rules’.
France income will be placed in London if Paris has fallen. It will be taken together with the UK IPC if London is fallen. The income after will be placed in the 2nd Capital afterwards.
These are just some basic thoughts. I think it could buff up the UK a bit and give Japan worthy rewards if decided to do China first.
Players would need to seek the balance of power while trying to strive for its best interest to prevent one side becoming too overpowered.
Please share ur thoughts