Ok, first granted that AAZ is a bit silly and very pop-cultury.
1. So what? If you don’t like purple, don’t use the purple crayon.
2. Having been at the preview last night, it’s great game for Halloween parties or after big games when no one wants to leave but everyone wants to play something fast.
3. If for every 100 zombie fans that play because of zombies ten of them buy the game, Hasbro/Wizards gets to keep chugging along. You may not like all their products, but many of us are a fan of at least some of their products and want to see the lines continued.
4. If for every 100 zombie fans that play a few of them pick up other A&A variants because they discover an interest in strategy games, Hasbro/Wizards gets to keep chugging along.
5. If even one of every 100 zombie fans that play starts playing other variants, you get to meet new and interesting people.
So yeah, it’s a bit silly. Who cares? The world can use a little more silly from time to time.