Working off of this images, I’ve started on an even more cleaned-up version of this map, as well as a little more subdued color scheme. I wanted to make the colors more “vintage”.
Here’s a preview:
Done so far:
- Removed the original sea (almost done)
- Removed the original logo and added a new one (from Anniversary edition) in a new location
- Inserted new Roundels (from Anniversary edition)
- Toned down the colors and adjusted color balance
- Added roundels in the bottom left corner (turn markers)
- Cleaned up the small maps top left and bottom right (work in progress)
- Created a new border
- Straightened the map itself
- Added new ocean names
To be done:
- Remove damaged type in creases and add new text
- Clean up the rest of the sea
- Add some texture to the sea
- Adjust colors further
- Clean up the compass
- Look into adding more game-aids to the map itself
- Add IPC markers to the bottom
- Clean up the small maps top right
I’m aware that some of the islands and names are gone in this version - as said: It’s work in progress.
Will share the full size file (100 cm wide, 200dpi) when I’m happy with the result.
I’m open to suggestions