I’ll describe as best as possible. First a foremost, YES there is a referee. That is crucial.
1. No. You couldn’t see buys and tech until they are used.
2. Yes. Referee
3. Yes. You position where you THINK they are. When it YOUR turn, you are allowed to RECON adjacent countries. You can alos air RECON once as well. The enemy only has to tell you troops and armor and factories.
4. Naval movement in the Anniversary Edition are all Combat moves. If you move your ship to a location where an enemy ship is, COMBAT. Happened in the last game we played where the Italians moved 4 transports into an area with a Battleship. Blood bath.
5. Fighters were allowed to AIR RECON once before COMBAT Moves. You can also purchase a SPY PLANE.
6. You can RECON adjacent areas. Enemy only has to tell you troops and armor and factories.
It is a TON of fun.