• I was just curious as to why there is an ANZAC infantry in Malaya which is controlled by the UK. Is this just to try to entice ANZAC to declare war on Japan, or some historical reason? Not that it bothers me it’s just really interesting.

• In Jan '42 the aussies whooped up on the japs near Gemas, Malaya. Lost about 80 of their guys at the cost of 1000+ jap soldiers.  Not a bad ratio, hell of an ambush.  So for historical accuracy they put an anzac inf in malaya.  Between that and the molding of a mosquito for UK/Anzac tac bomber, about the only things WOTC got right :)

• Wow hell of an ambush indeed. So that guy is there to represent an ambush which happened a short time later? Okay I can dig that.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

The Aussies were also there to help the Crown defend Malaya from any Japanese attacks due to its strategic importance.

• @Mino1124:

I was just curious as to why there is an ANZAC infantry in Malaya which is controlled by the UK. Is this just to try to entice ANZAC to declare war on Japan, or some historical reason? Not that it bothers me it’s just really interesting.

Do you mean Malaya is controlled by the UK, or that the ANZAC infantry is controlled by the UK? I just checked the book and dont see any evidence of the latter. I just want make sure there isnt another detail that I’ve overlooked.

• @Xayd74:

@Mino1124:

I was just curious as to why there is an ANZAC infantry in Malaya which is controlled by the UK. Is this just to try to entice ANZAC to declare war on Japan, or some historical reason? Not that it bothers me it’s just really interesting.

Do you mean Malaya is controlled by the UK, or that the ANZAC infantry is controlled by the UK? I just checked the book and dont see any evidence of the latter. I just want make sure there isnt another detail that I’ve overlooked.

Malaya is controlled by the UK. There is one ANZAC infantry in Malaya to start the game. The ANZAC player still controls that one infantry I was just curious as to it’s relevence there. Thanks to those who answered.

• it’s like in AA50 where you have Italians and Germans in Libya.

• @MaherC:

it’s like in AA50 where you have Italians and Germans in Libya.

I’ve only ever played 1942. Waiting for a chance to play 1940.

• @Mino1124:

If I understand the NOs correctly, and from a reply to a question on this subject from Krieghund, that infantry can be potentially important if the ANZAC player can move it into Siam.

The second ANZAC NO says something along the lines of, gain a one time 5 IPC bonus for occupying an original Japanese territory.

I posted a question about this that Krieghund responded to, and he indicated that if the ANZAC player has a unit in an original Japanese territory at any time, even if it moves into a territory in the non combat phase that was actually taken by another one of Allies previously, then the ANZAC player collects the one time 5 IPCs. I’m guessing that since air units can’t occupy territories, that they wouldn’t count for this, but that one ANZAC infantry in Singapore could get the 5IPC ring from time to time.

A buddy and myself are calling this particular NO for the ANZAC player, the “Photo Op NO”.  :-)

From BGG:

@kaufschtick:

1.) For the second ANZAC N.O.; just for clarification, do ANZAC forces have to occuppy the originally owned Japanese island or territory", or do they “get paid” if any Allied force fullfils this N.O., as was the case with the British N.O. from AA50?

@Krieghund:

It must be ANZAC forces.  However, ANZAC doesn’t have to capture the territory - it just has to occupy it.  This means that it can either capture the territory itself or move units into a Japanese territory that’s already been captured by either the UK or the US.

@kaufschtick:

2.) This also says (one time), so 5IPCs, one turn, and that’s it, right?

@Krieghund:

Right.

• @kaufschtick:

even if it moves into a territory in the non combat phase that was actually taken by another one of Allies previously, then the ANZAC player collects the one time 5 IPCs. I’m guessing that since air units can’t occupy territories, that they wouldn’t count for this

Air units can occupy territories they just can’t CAPTURE them. They can still land on any territory that was friendly to start the turn whether their own, or a power with whom they’re allied (assuming they can reach it with the correct number of movement).

• @Mino1124:

Air units can occupy territories they just can’t CAPTURE them. They can still land on any territory that was friendly to start the turn whether their own, or a power with whom they’re allied (assuming they can reach it with the correct number of movement).

Ok, so the flyboys get to get in on the “photo op” as well.  8-)

Hey, I just noticed. What happened to the “karma” stuff? That was this forum, right?

• pretty sure by “occupy” to get the 5 IPC one time deal you have to have boots on the ground, not planes in the sky.

• @MaherC:

pretty sure by “occupy” to get the 5 IPC one time deal you have to have boots on the ground, not planes in the sky.

Well when planes land aren’t they considered to be on the ground and thus occupy? I could be totally wrong I’m just wanting to make sure I understand right.

• @MaherC:

pretty sure by “occupy” to get the 5 IPC one time deal you have to have boots on the ground, not planes in the sky.

That was my thought. Time to post a question… :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m