• We are now on turn 4 of our 2nd game and came across a ? I think the answer is yes , we played it that way. Can you bring carriers into a sea battle to absorb hits ( we knew you cant land planes on a damaged carrier, but the Jap player knew he would lose planes so he didnt need all the landing space, he did succeed in sinking the US fleet , ouch  :cry: ) even though they have no attack value? We are loving this game  :-D

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

As far as I know, the answer is yes. Haven’t seen anything to the contrary. Technically, you could bring transports to attack but due to their special rules, they would be taken out last. So unless there are troops on board there is no point.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

@the:

We are now on turn 4 of our 2nd game and came across a ? I think the answer is yes , we played it that way. Can you bring carriers into a sea battle to absorb hits ( we knew you cant land planes on a damaged carrier, but the Jap player knew he would lose planes so he didnt need all the landing space, he did succeed in sinking the US fleet , ouch  :cry: ) even though they have no attack value? We are loving this game  :-D

I had asked this before and yes they can be brought in to take hits.  Just the issue of not landing on them is the results.

Sean

• Thanks guys , as always A7A.org rocks  :evil:

• @the:

…even though they have no attack value?

I guess it helps to think of the AC of having an attack value of zero. This means that it can be in with the combat move. (Also transports have an attack value of zero, but must be chosen last.)  Things that do NOT have an attack value are: AA guns, Naval Bases, Air Bases, Industrial Complexes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m