• An Airfield costs 15 IPCs.  Anzac starts at 10.  So no first round buy, 2nd turn you’re putting down an airbase?

• @MaherC:

An Airfield costs 15 IPCs.  Anzac starts at 10.  So no first round buy, 2nd turn you’re putting down an airbase?

Yes, assuming that Japan is going after India and that they are not set up to take out India on turn 3.

• I don’t have the board in front of me, so bear with me.  I’m not getting how a T2 Airbase in the NT helps Anzac’s fighters get to India faster.  They can already be in Western Australia during T1?

• Ok here is the thing, with mainly Inf buys there is no way India is falling unit J5 at the earliest, and in all likely hood not until turn 6 or 7.  On J1 they will buy whatever they buy, but more than likely no fighting boats.  On J2 they will buy a major factory and little to no warships.  On J3 they will buy ground units for Asia and once again, likely no fighting boats.  On J4 they might start buying some navy.

That means the US gets 3 turns to play catchup in the pacific.  Or with my main purchases 11 destroyers and 1 extra carrier.  Giving them, on US 5, a fleet of 12 destroyers, 1 BB, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, and 1 sub at Queensland.  Wow imagine that, DEI is no longer safe, at all.  Not to mention, on US3 we stole Java or Sumatra (fun thing to do depending on japan’s fleet positioning is to fly ANZAC figs to Sumatra after US takes it, but depends).  This isn’t counting whatever ANZAC has purchased.

What turn does India typically fall in your games?  What are you doing with India?  What is happening in China?  These are important details you are not telling us.  And download Abattlemap, even if you don’t play with it it will show you the board.

• @MaherC:

Industrial raids starting J2 pretty much take care of the UK buying anything.

Shouldn’t UK put/keep some FIGs on Ind to prevent this, if they see jap bmrs in range after J1?

• how you are taking DEI on US3 with the LC in Hawaii dead on J1.

• @MaherC:

I don’t have the board in front of me, so bear with me.  I’m not getting how a T2 Airbase in the NT helps Anzac’s fighters get to India faster.  They can already be in Western Australia during T1?

Western Australia and Northern Territories are both 5 spaces away from India; therefore, you would need an airbase to reach it.

• @MaherC:

how you are taking DEI on US3 with the LC in Hawaii dead on J1.

LC?  What is an LC?  I’ve said this before but I guess i’ll repeat

US1 Fleet from SZ 10 to SZ 26 OR 29
    US2 Fleet from SZ 26/29 to SZ 54 or SZ 63
    US3 take one of the DEI.

Answer my questions now if you don’t mind so I can better assist you.

1. US must get to DEI area ASAP, turn 1 fleet to Pearl, turn 2 fleet to SZ 54 or 63.  turn 3 hit the DEI, keep your reinforcements moving along that route, or go further east if pearl is vulnerable.

Us fleet sink turn 2 if you move pearl … if i play japs

• @Vareel:

@MaherC:

how you are taking DEI on US3 with the LC in Hawaii dead on J1.

LC?  What is an LC?  I’ve said this before but I guess i’ll repeat

US1 Fleet from SZ 10 to SZ 26 OR 29
    US2 Fleet from SZ 26/29 to SZ 54 or SZ 63
    US3 take one of the DEI.

Answer my questions now if you don’t mind so I can better assist you.

Just a guess: LC = Landing Craft. I assume that is the same as a transport.

• Maher,

While I personally haven’t played against a J1 attack (only J2), I wouldn’t change my general Allies strategy too much.

With America I’m getting destroyers and subs.  When wartime kicks in, I get a few of everything: always 1 - 3 subs and destroyers, change up every other turn with a cruiser and battleship or cruiser and bomber.  I also try to have a transport with every fleet group at Hawaii and Australia.  This keeps Japan honest with Japan and mainland Asia defense.  I use the convey belt strategy and see what opportunities present themselves with SZ 6, Iwo and Okinawa, the DEI, and the Philippines.  With ANZAC I’m getting fighters for island defense or subs and destroyers to nip away at Japan, getting the NOs, and maybe snatch one of the DEI from Japan.  With UK, make India a fortress (use ANZAC and US planes as well) so Japan has to keep cranking out infantry and tanks to capture it.

Thats a general outline. I hope it helps.  Its hard to cover everything with this game because there are so many scenarios and little details.  The bottom line is Japan can’t be everywhere, and if you build correctly with the Allies and make Japan always have to worry about 4 or so different problems, you can win.  I say can because nothing is guaranteed when dice rolls determine the outcome!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m