Opinion poll: Who is favored to win? (Day 36 to 43 from release date.)

• The last poll shown about even numbers of who was favored to win.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16258.0

Now that the game is out for more than a month, AND people are playing Pacific 1940 on ABattleMap (thank you Stoney229), what is your opinion of balance?

• With all that play-testing it should be balanced. We shall see.

• ah but apparently it isn’t even in small samples or large.

my group has japs win 100% of the time, but from what i’ve read on the boards here, it is an allied game (like all AA variants sadly) and America always wins apparently.

it seems to me that this game comes down more than others to that huge epic fail on the part of one player to determine the outcome.  A little too much like chess for me.

• All I’ve seen so far are Japanese victories.

• Bump (for this weekend viewers)

• Three allied victories so far but it’s always a very close thing.  One time deserved to be Japanese victory but the Jap player made a HUGE tactical blunder.

• @MaherC:

ah but apparently it isn’t even in small samples or large.

my group has japs win 100% of the time, but from what i’ve read on the boards here, it is an allied game (like all AA variants sadly) and America always wins apparently.

it seems to me that this game comes down more than others to that huge epic fail on the part of one player to determine the outcome.  A little too much like chess for me.

All AA games are allied games? Did you play AA50?

• I like the Chess mentality of this game, cause that is really how wars are won and lost, usually by a single mistake. Personally from what I have seen, you win when the other side flinches.

• I haven’t played AAP40 yet, but with most A&A games I think the axis are likely to win 60-80% of the time.

• Tell me again why these games should favor one side or the other?  If Allies are favored in them for “history’s sake”  then why play them at all?

• From what i have seen, the allies are actually pretty hard pressed for victory at the start. It really does favor the axis from the start, but the allies get stronger the longer the war rages on, which means the axis need to take control quickly to win, but quick in the sense of this game is within the first 10 turns. This is a game that can last as long as 20-25 turns, longer than your typical A&A game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m