Printing fixed object on the gameboard…

• @MaherC:

more of a problem for me is the 2 boards moving when bumped.  Causing issues with pieces moving.  Also, if they printed on the board, then there would be a Maj IC in Australia and a Minor in NZ which have since been removed from the starting setup.  Think of how much fun those would be to deal with…

You do have a point there….

• I use small binder clips to hold the boards together. I helps somewhat.

link to photo of clips

http://www.boldlentil.com/2008/12/binder-clip-daschund.html

• Do the binder clips leave an impression on the gameboards?

• I saw a picture of somebody (I think it was LarryH) that used this on his game board. I bought some too because it is pretty annoying when the board separates. (Of course the Japanese mainland is in the center of that break so all those parts fall through)

I have not tried it yet though. I can’t ever seem to find A&A players. Anybody from Oregon???

• I thought about those but assumed they would dent/scratch the board.  Wanted to find some of those longer, softer plastic ones that went on the edge of a paper (usually with some colored, translucent plastic sheet to go over the title page) but can’t seem to find those as kids no longer write papers apparently.

I blame twitter (shakes cane)

• @Brain:

Do the binder clips leave an impression on the gameboards?

Yes, there is a dent. A small dent, but impressions are made in the board.

• I use Avery sliding Bar Report Covers to hold the board together.  I used them on AA50 and WW2 The Game as well.  There is minimal damage if any.  The compression is spread over the 11 inches
    http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/429258/Avery-Sliding-Bar-Report-Covers-Assorted/

It is also reasonable cost incomparison to an idea a chimp told me……
    Make an inlay on MDF board…

• @C_Strabala:

Why didn’t WotC print each nations’ original IC’s, airbases, & naval bases on the gameboard similar to the original A&A Pacific. It would save space and you wouldn’t have the risk of accidently knocking the cardboard chits everywhere.

My thinking is that the stand alone games (Pac & Euro) will have different set-ups than the combined game. For example, will India have a major IC in the combined game :?. I doubt it, I would think that it would be a minor IC. So, I believe there will be differences in the set-ups in these games.

• @leddux:

I use Avery sliding Bar Report Covers to hold the board together.  I used them on AA50 and WW2 The Game as well.  There is minimal damage if any.  The compression is spread over the 11 inches
    http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/429258/Avery-Sliding-Bar-Report-Covers-Assorted/

It is also reasonable cost incomparison to an idea a chimp told me……
    Make an inlay on MDF board…

Thanks for the link, I went to staples earlier today looking for those and the girl working said she had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for those.  I remember using them but apparently kids today turn in their papers via ustream while twittering their teachers who are busy talking about myspace drama on facebook.  Now I know what they are called.

• '10

@C_Strabala:

Why didn’t WotC print each nations’ original IC’s, airbases, & naval bases on the gameboard similar to the original A&A Pacific. It would save space and you wouldn’t have the risk of accidently knocking the cardboard chits everywhere.

There will be another setup in the global 1940 game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m