• Hey, I don’t know why I didn’t ask about this earlier, but there are combat simulators for various A&A games, and I was wondering if there was one out there for Pac40 yet.  I went to one site that had a simulator for either Revised or AA50.  Revised definately couldn’t work because they don’t have cruisers, but I was wondering if I could “fool” the AA50 simulator to work out battles for Pac40.  Anybody know if the AA50 rules and the Pac40 rules are close enough to do this?  I did replace the Tac bombers with regular bombers in the AA50 data, since I figured both attacked on a 4.  I don’t know about the fighters.

The more I mess with this Pac40 game, the more I like it.  The combined game is probably going to blow my mind.

• Some people have said that a Triple A version will be available for it, but I don’t know much about it.

• I just went back to the same site.  It looks to me like the sub rules may not allow the AA50 sim to be used to sim Pac40 sea battles.

• Little things like that would prevent me from using it. I have tried it in the past and Triple A is a good way to develop strategies when you do not feel like setting up the board game.

• @molinar13:

Some people have said that a Triple A version will be available for it, but I don’t know much about it.

It is under construction, but won’t be finished any time soon. More info can be found HERE

• once they fix the issue with movement bonuses from air/naval bases it’ll be playable v. humans.  Who cares about the AI?  Strats v. AI are worthless anyway.  Play AA50 v. the AI and they don’t know how to invade properly.  You can play it now v. a person, you just need to “edit” a lot during turns and it’s a pain in the arse.

• Ah, nice! I thougt they had a lot more to do still. I dont care for AI the least.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m