• It sounds very complicated and I kind of want a game that I can play Casually with friends. 8 (thinking of globalwar) players is a lot to muster up and it sounds like they have gone too far. However, you people love it so….
    could you give me a reason to spend $160 on it

By the way, I have never played pacific, europe, guadalcanal, etc.
    Also, I need a good excuse to justify spending so much to my mother (I’m 13)

• Come on…you know you want to!  
    Everyone else is doing it.   :wink:

In all seriousness, it’s one of the best strategy board games I’ve played.  Obviously it’s not without it’s flaws and there is a bit of a learner curve, but if you and your friends enjoy strategy games, it’s hard to pass this one up.

When you say 8 players and $160, are you referring to Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940?
    My understanding is that when put together you’ll really only have 6 players, Germany, Italy, Japan, US, UK, and USSR.  And again, you don’t need 6 players, can be played with two people using Axis and Allies.

I guess the only other way I can put this is if you enjoy this sort of game, it’s not a game you’re dropping money on and won’t really use again or see serious devalue in over time.  If you take care of it, it’s a game you can continue to enjoy for decades to come.

• It is the best Axis and allies ever printed,
    thats it!

• I know but do I really want to have all the bases and factories and so on… it just seem s like it ight be to much
    Besides I’m a nerd, I wear sweaters and have about 5 friends
    I know I want to believe me.
    But my mother “160 dollars!!!”

By the way, if it’s any help, I own 1942 and MB

• Customizer

If you already have AA42, and you and your friends love it, get AAP40 for now.  You don’t have to buy them both at the same time.  Once I learned the rules, I like AAP40 better than the base game.  Who’s to say how AAE40 and the Global game will turn out, but you won’t waste your money getting AAP40.  If she’s still balking, go shovel some sidewalks!

• Start shoveling a lot of snow kid!!! :-D

Seriously though, save your allowance or something-  Buy Pacific now- about $70 bucks.  Buy Europe in June when it comes out- about $70 bucks.  Together the global game will be sweet.  Axis and Allies can be played with 2-3 players, but it is best enjoyed with at least 4 I think.  The global game CAN be played with 2 but you will probably want 4-6 players on this one.

As far as mom, you better be doing a lot of chores! :lol:

• If worse come to worse- you can always get the base game at Target- $29- AA42.
    Try it out with your friends.  If they like it, then upgrade to the Pacific40 and later Europe40(with Global option) later.

AA42 sucks compared to these though.
    AA50 is out of print- but not to worry the AA40 games will surpass these by far in their combined global game.

Hope this helps kid. :-)

• How about splittting the buy

You buy AAP 40 and a Friend of yours AAE 40 in a few months ;)

I am father of a 9 year old - he wanted a Wii for Christmas - MY wiffe and I told him if he somehow came up with half the money for it - he will find it under the Christmas tree - he did.

HOW?

he saved his weekly money allowance (instead of Pokemon buys ;))
    he saved money gotten from his grandparents
    he did households tasks beyond that required from him - earning an extera coin or two per week
    he won a bet (I saiD he could NOT finish Harry Potter II before Dec 24th - he needed only 8 days (OCTOBER !)
    –-

Now his daddy can play Wii - paid by son  :evil:

What I want to tell you - if you want something and you show your parents you are working FOR it, I doubt they will say no…

• @Richter:

What I want to tell you - if you want something and you show your parents you are working FOR it, I doubt they will say no…

Obviously I don’t know all parents but that is parents for the most part. They’ll help you but you need also to show them you are helping yourself.

You might also show some initiative, do chores without being asked especially stuff your Mom usually does but that you can do to her satisfaction. Especially if she complains about having to do it.

For me helping Mom usually not only got her on board with something I might want but Dad too. When Mom is happy everybody’s happy.

• Alright, my last reservation were shot down by the “split the cost” guy
    I’m in for the  whole nine yards. And to make today even better, I’m playing in 1 hour

• '10

Start with Axis & Allies 1942.

Best way to get shure.

• Back on topic.

• youll love the game and then you will want to play A&A europe 40

• Say that it can be used as an educational tool to learn about history, and that the game can be used to look at possible scenarios that could have happened. :-D

• @Craig:

@Imperious:

Back on topic.

They were on topic! :roll:

Sorry Yope, you missed a rude/flame post that IL correctly deleted. He’s definitely on the reservation with that one.

• @molinar13:

Say that it can be used as an educational tool to learn about history, and that the game can be used to look at possible scenarios that could have happened. :-D

There is someone on the forums who is a history teacher or something and uses the game for his classes. I had a teacher in high school who used Diplomacy on the section about WWI.

• TripleA '12

Hey, does anybody know what the little gold stars underneath our name and rank mean? I ask because I don’t know.  :? Cheers guys.

• @Lozmoid:

Hey, does anybody know what the little gold stars underneath our name and rank mean? I ask because I don’t know.  :? Cheers guys.

You get more stars as your posts go up. I used to have a thread that told you when you got them, but it got deleted. I’ll see if I can re-post it and I’ll PM you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m