• Hi everyone.  Just had a question about the US.  In the rules it states that the US can attack Japan only if a declaration of war is made to Japan.  My question is at what point of the turn of the US is this made.  I’m guessing that its made at the beginning of the turn before the buying phase.

• Krieghund will check me on this…

The US makes a declaration of war if Japan attacks the UK or ANZAC forces at any time…

The US goes to war production after the THIRD turn if Japan has not attacked by then…

The US collects its war income on its collect income phase of the turn that war was declared…which is usually at the end of the US turn…

check me KriegHund…

• The US-player can’t declare war. You have to wait until Japan attacks you, UK or ANZAC. If they don’t then the USA will declare war at the end of their third turn (right before getting income, so you’ll get the +40 IP).

• Official Q&A

@miragehunter:

In the rules it states that the US can attack Japan only if a declaration of war is made to Japan.

No, it says that the US can attack Japan only if Japan provokes war with the US or the US declares war on Japan.  The US may declare war on Japan at the beginning of the Collect Income phase of its third turn, if Japan has not provoked war (attacked the US, etc.) before that time.

• Thanks Krieghund.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m