• I just want to make sure I got a ship movement rule right.

May the US Destroyer @ Philippines move to SZ 35-45-55-54 on turn 1 when ANZAC ships start in 54?

May this same Destroyer @ Queensland move SZ 54-49-30-26 on turn 2?

Both questions assume war has not been declared by anyone (except Japan vs China).

Does anything change if UK/ANZAC goes to war with Japan but not the US?

The question is really moot because this same Destroyer can move SZ 35-45-46-49 in turn 1 and then make it to Hawaii on turn 2 in two steps.  The details are only an illustration so I can verify that ports are inactive for “future allies” (e.g. nations that will later fight on the same team) but ships may occupy the same sea zone before open hostilities begin.  Thanks.

• Official Q&A

@dinosaur:

May the US Destroyer @ Philippines move to SZ 35-45-55-54 on turn 1 when ANZAC ships start in 54?

Yes.

@dinosaur:

May this same Destroyer @ Queensland move SZ 54-49-30-26 on turn 2?

No.

@dinosaur:

Does anything change if UK/ANZAC goes to war with Japan but not the US?

No.

@dinosaur:

The question is really moot because this same Destroyer can move SZ 35-45-46-49 in turn 1 and then make it to Hawaii on turn 2 in two steps.  The details are only an illustration so I can verify that ports are inactive for “future allies” (e.g. nations that will later fight on the same team) but ships may occupy the same sea zone before open hostilities begin.  Thanks.

All true.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m