Hate the cardboard factory/airfield/naval base counters? ANSWER INSIDE!

• For anyone interested, I have updated the purchase links and they now work correctly.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Variable:

@Brain:

They are still chits.

That’s what holding me up too. Plus, after you buy all the tiles you would need for P40 and E40, you’re in for about $60. At least $40 if you use old ICs. A lot of money for tiles…

I have revised my opinion of this after a few more games. I can’t get my nail under the thin little piece of cardboard that game with the game. At least I could pick up these tiles without a pet hair remover…

• The custom markers arrived today and I’m really happy with them  They are the same size as the original cardboard ones but have a thickness of about 2.5 mm.  Hoorah!..…I can now pick them up.  I have posted a pick, of questionable quality, of them below along with the originals.

A&A Tokens 1.jpg

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Yep, I’d have to say I like 'em. Still too much money though. Think they would sell the whole kit as a discounted bundle? Maybe if we got enough people to sign off on a group buy.

• @Variable:

Yep, I’d have to say I like 'em. Still too much money though……

I agree about the $$. Also, I looked at how many were needed to setup AAP40, estimated the need for AAE40, and realized that I have to buy two more bags of the airfield and one more of the naval base.  Oh well, in the long run they’re worth it because I am trying to build the DELUXE version that I thought I had originally bought for $80.   :-(

• Your just spending money on deluxe chits. Forget about it.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Hellmet:

The custom markers arrived today and I’m really happy with them  They are the same size as the original cardboard ones but have a thickness of about 2.5 mm.  Hoorah!..…I can now pick them up.  I have posted a pick, of questionable quality, of them below along with the originals.

Looks better than the cardboard!

• '22 '19 '18

Is it just me, or does the factory symbol look like someone flipping the “bird.” I mean it has the folded down pointer finger next to the birdie finger and then the ring and pinky finger.

I guess it is just Litko giving WotC the finger.

• @cond1024:

Is it just me, or does the factory symbol look like someone flipping the “bird.” I mean it has the folded down pointer finger next to the birdie finger and then the ring and pinky finger.

I guess it is just Litko giving WotC the finger.

LOL- yes it does- that’s why I won’t buy them.  I hear FMG is gonna make some IC, naval and air base pieces soon.  So I’m gonna wait til they make them.  Very postive they will be nice.

• did you see the Anchors in the Trafalgar section?  Now if you took those and added those little stands like allboxcars mentioned you’d have some 3D pieces for naval bases that could gel well with the game….

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m