Can US land on Celebes before war is declared?

• Kreighound please clarify this for my group.  I read in the errata that the UK and ANZAC can land on the Dutch East Indies territories before the war begins and gain the IPC from these territories.  Can the US do the same thing?  It would help save the infantry from the Philippines and give the US another 3 points for awhile.  Thanks.

• No. Powers that are not at war cannot move into other powers’ territories, with the only exception being the UK/ANZAC regarding the Dutch.

• Official Q&A

@Hobbes:

with the only exception being the UK/ANZAC regarding the Dutch.

And each other.

• @Panzer2C:

Kreighound please clarify this for my group.  I read in the errata that the UK and ANZAC can land on the Dutch East Indies territories before the war begins and gain the IPC from these territories.  Can the US do the same thing?  It would help save the infantry from the Philippines and give the US another 3 points for awhile.  Thanks.

PS: You can land UK/Anz air units on the Dutch isles while their still Dutch, but you would not take ownership (collect IPC) unless you bring in ground units from UK/Anz. The only way that the US can claim any of the Dutch islands is to liberate them from the Japs, once they are in the war…

• Official Q&A

@WILD:

PS: You can land UK/Anz air units on the Dutch isles while their still Dutch

Only if UK/ANZAC is at war.

• '19

@WILD:

The only way that the US can claim any of the Dutch islands is to liberate them from the Japs, once they are in the war…

That might be how it normally turns out but thats not really true.  US can take control of them as long as the US is at war, and they are controlled by either the dutch or Japan.  No reason the US cant take them if they are at war and they are still dutch.

Example if Japan started hostilities turn 1 then there is no reason that US couldnt take over any of the dutch controlled islands if they have any surviving troops/transports.

• @Krieghund:

@WILD:

PS: You can land UK/Anz air units on the Dutch isles while their still Dutch

Only if UK/ANZAC is at war.

I thought I read in another topic that the UK/Anz could noncombat air to the Dutch at any time (unless of coarse it was Jap controlled). I must of miss read (or it changed), my bad.

• @WILD:

I thought I read in another topic that the UK/Anz could noncombat air to the Dutch at any time (unless of coarse it was Jap controlled). I must of miss read (or it changed), my bad.

Yea you did read it in another topic, but then Krieghund changed his mind. :? and added:

I don’t think that UK/ANZAC planes should be allowed to land on Dutch or French territories while they’re still Dutch or French controlled, unless they are at war.  The reason for this is that powers not at war are prohibited from moving units into territories belonging to other powers.  The UK/ANZAC exception to this rule is the ability to take control of these territories with land units only.  This seems to indicate that the UK or ANZAC can’t move units into these territories until either they’re at war or they take control of them, and they can’t do that with air units alone.

• Official Q&A

@ksmckay:

@WILD:

The only way that the US can claim any of the Dutch islands is to liberate them from the Japs, once they are in the war…

That might be how it normally turns out but thats not really true.  US can take control of them as long as the US is at war, and they are controlled by either the dutch or Japan.  No reason the US cant take them if they are at war and they are still dutch.

Example if Japan started hostilities turn 1 then there is no reason that US couldnt take over any of the dutch controlled islands if they have any surviving troops/transports.

Wild Bill is right.  The US can move units there under those circumstances, but they can’t take control of the territory.

• but what about the anzac/uk part of the question?

• Boy my head is starting to spin.
    Krieghund, will there at some time in the future be a copy of the rules that have been updated made available. The faq is a great place to look for changes and what not, but one place with all the correct info would be very helpful, instead of cut and paste the orig rule book. I’m sure something like that would take awhile, or do you think we will continue on like this until AA40E/global rules come out to over ride it.

• Official Q&A

@MaherC:

but what about the anzac/uk part of the question?

What about it?

@WILD:

Boy my head is starting to spin.
    Krieghund, will there at some time in the future be a copy of the rules that have been updated made available. The faq is a great place to look for changes and what not, but one place with all the correct info would be very helpful, instead of cut and paste the orig rule book. I’m sure something like that would take awhile, or do you think we will continue on like this until AA40E/global rules come out to over ride it.

I’m not sure at this point.

• Alright then,
    Thanks WB

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m