• The German Navy starts out in dire straits. Should it try to rebuild once Russia will clearly fall in 3-4 turns? Should it ever try to rebuild?

• Thats a good question. First of all, consider yourself fortunate if you are Germany and Russia is about to fall. When I play Germany I will not spend any ipc$ on a navy in mid or late game until after Russia has already fallen and I have made sure there won’t be a successful amphibious assault on either Paris or Berlin. The reason for this is twofold, 1) the allies usually quit after moscow falls anyway so why delay the game by slowing down the assault? And since there is probably a sizable Allied force in GB or Norway, you must make sure that you are safe and 2) After moscow has fallen and if Germany is safe from attack, Germany should have sufficient cash to build a navy at its leisure in the Mediteranian. In fact. let Japan give the US trouble in Alaska/West coast so that USA diverts resources from the Atlantic theater. After Moscow falls usually time is on the side of the Axis, unless Japan is about to fall also.

If Moscow has fallen, and Germany and Europe are securely in Axis hands, then and only then would I build the German navy to retake Africa and if necessary start the invasion of GB or USA.

• Allied victory depends on the survival of Russia and the existence of a UK/USA fleet. The fall of Russia is a hard hit in the Allied camp. It is the end. If the Allies chose to push on Germany just needs to eliminate The Allied fleets (with it’s back door secured). Sacking your air units will now be necessary, you can now afford to replace them. There’s really no point in continuing the game after the Allied fleet is gone…

• thanks for the tips.

• :wink: If you play your cards right, you can destroy the british navy that occupies the area around the British capital in the first move, an in doing so you prevent Britian from placeing naval units until they build another industrial complex. Its risky, and it takes luck, but its well worth it if you don’t eant to defend against Britain. Then just block algeria so the US doesn’t invade Africa and take the continent over for the ipcs.

• @Kerr85:

:wink: If you play your cards right, you can destroy the british navy that occupies the area around the British capital in the first move, an in doing so you prevent Britian from placeing naval units until they build another industrial complex.

That has changed in newer editions of the game: Then you are allowed to place new units in enemy occupied seazones

• Any navy Germany leaves in the UK sz will be sunk by the UK Air Force, and the ftrs can proceed to land in Karelia for defense of the Rodina (the Motherland.) Then UK may place any navy purchased in the UK sz. Maybe a carrier and a transport!
    What can the US do to support this move? Think about it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m