• I believe that you can play up to 3 '41 League matches against a single opponent and also up to 3 ‘42 League matches against the same opponent because the 2 Leagues’ scoring are completely separate.

Anyone else see it differently?

• '10

@Bardoly:

I believe that you can play up to 3 '41 League matches against a single opponent and also up to 3 ‘42 League matches against the same opponent because the 2 Leagues’ scoring are completely separate.

That would be my understanding.

• I would concur with what maxo said. Last year I had 3 games of AA50-41 and 3 games of AAR against the same opponent and they counted in their respective leagues.

• I put this post in the discussion thread, but I’ve gotten no answer yet, so I’ll try it here.

I have a thought, but I’d like to get a ruling on it.  I know that for a regular (non-League) game, that this would be fine, but how about for League matches?

Easier techs - If both players agreed before playing the game, that if single dice were rolled for technology, and the tech die roll missed, but the Chart 1/Chart 2 die was a six, that the rolls would be counted as being reversed, so the 6 on Chart 1/Chart 2 would count as hitting a technology, and the first die rolled for tech would then count towards whichever chart had been specified as being the tech acquired.  Another option would be if multiple dice were rolled for technology, and the added up total of the dice equaled to 6, then it would be counted as having rolled a 6, and therefore acquiring a tech.  (Example:  3 tech dice were rolled: a 1, a 2, and a 3, since the total of the 3 dice adds up to 6, then it would be counted as having rolled a 6.

Designated techs - Again, if both players agreed before playing the game, that a power could acquire a specific tech for x number of researchers.  (Probably this would be limited to Round 1 only.)  Example:  2 players want to explore a German naval strategy, so they agree that Germany could spend 5 IPCs for 1 researcher, and could then automatically acquire Advanced Shipyards/Super Subs/etc… on Germany’s first turn.  To balance this, then perhaps the Allies would also be allowed 1 5-IPC tech on Turn 1, maybe Mechanized Infantry for the US or something.  Maybe players would like to explore a Japan and US first turn Long Range Aircraft for 5 IPCs scenario or many, many other such scenarios.

Once again, this would only be allowed if both players agreed to this before the game began.

So, could either or both of these ideas possibly be allowed for League games?

I’m not trying to change the League, but I’m just asking a question, so I don’t need criticism of this idea, just an answer.  :wink:

• @Bardoly:

I put this post in the discussion thread, but I’ve gotten no answer yet, so I’ll try it here.

We are taking a look at your proposal and should get back to you shortly. Thanks for the suggestion.

• @PGMatt:

@DarthMaximus:

2010 Axis and Allies AA50-41 and AA50-42 League Rules.

2 - You may play anyone in the league, but only a max of 3 games per opponent will count in standings. League games must be declared a League game (in thread title or League forum) prior to the start of the game.

Just because I started to play some '42…is the limit per person per League or total combined across both fields?

Each league is counted separately so it is a max of 3 for the 41L & a max of 3 for the 42L. Therefore someone can beat me three times in each league!

• '19

Are multiplayer league games allowed?

• @ksmckay:

Are multiplayer league games allowed?

They are not.

There is a “doubles” tourney each year however. I think the 09 doubles tourney final game is still going on!

• Just a reminder to everyone out there. The 2010 League is quickly drawing to a close. In order to advance to the playoffs please review the rules below.

**6 - You must have completed a game within 90 days (after Sept. 15) of the end of the season to be eligible to win or advance to the title game.
    7a - The Regular Season for each league will end on Dec. 1 and the standings will then be posted.  Games must be completed prior to this date in order to count.
    7b - Any games in progress that are completed after this date will be eligible to count for the next league (2011) assuming league rules remain the same or are similar. **

• '10

@JWW:

Just a reminder to everyone out there. The 2010 League is quickly drawing to a close. In order to advance to the playoffs please review the rules below.

**6 - You must have completed a game within 90 days (after Sept. 15) of the end of the season to be eligible to win or advance to the title game.
    7a - The Regular Season for each league will end on Dec. 1 and the standings will then be posted.  Games must be completed prior to this date in order to count.
    7b - Any games in progress that are completed after this date will be eligible to count for the next league (2011) assuming league rules remain the same or are similar. **

Title Game  :?  I’m hoping to break my '42 league cherry by then. :lol:

• I’m not sure how this works from reading the league rules.

There’s some kind of playoff….  Is it between the top 2 players by win % who have minimum 10 games played?  Or is it more than 2 players?

• @gamerman01:

I’m not sure how this works from reading the league rules.
    There’s some kind of playoff….  Is it between the top 2 players by win % who have minimum 10 games played?  Or is it more than 2 players?

Top 2

10a - Scoring/Playoffs
    The Winner of each league will be based on a playoff of the top two players with the best winning percentages (Must complete at least 10 games).  If there is a tie between any players after the top player then the tie will be broken by:
    1 - head to head play
    2 - most overall wins
    If players still remain tied then they will play an elimination game.
    If multiple players are tied then tie breakers would be used to narrow the field to the top 4.  The top 4 players would then all qualify for the playoffs.
    10b - Iron Man
    The Iron Man Title will be awarded to the player that has the best combined record in AA50-41 and AA50-42.  To qualify for the Iron Man you must complete at least 6 games in each league and have finished at least 14 games. Please note it is possible for the Iron Man to win while not qualifying to win each individual league.  The Iron Man winner will be based on Win%.

• 2011 League rules are posted in the first thread.

• '10

So there is no AA50 '42 League for 2011.

• '10

Looks like it’s consolidated this year, makes sense to draw everyone together into one league.

• '10

@RisingDragon:

Looks like it’s consolidated this year, makes sense to draw everyone together into one league.

Not so sure about that

• @RisingDragon:

Correct

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

So no 1940 Global league?

• @Gargantua:

So no 1940 Global league?

Heck no, in a few months 1940 probably won’t resemble the current incarnation whatsoever.  Everyone would be playing an obsolete game, more than likely.

• Hey guys,

This is my first time playing in the league.  I see under the rules “standard bid placement applies”.  Can someone explain them to me or direct me to a place I can read those rules before I make a fool of myself again…  :oops:  Thanks!

Hannibal

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m