• @JWW:

For rule questions please go the anniversary thread, find Kreighund, send him a pm or just start a thread asking the question and he will answer it. He is the authority on the OOB rules.

For any bid related questions one of us mods can give you an answer.

Sure… but what about the impact of the two rule changes that were introduced with the new AA50-FAQ on the league games?

Editted to remove confusion.

• No, last year we used FAQ rules for tech.  (Limitations to improved factories was an FAQ, actually the Paratrooper/blitz rule was in the FAQ as well).

It seems the appropriate thing to do would be have any open tech game finish using the rules they started under unless both players agree to switch (even if neither side has the tech, purchases may have been geared towards taking advantage of one or the other).  But any new games should probably start under the new FAQ rules.  But it’s not my call.

• @DarthMaximus:

As I recall for last year, we used:

Rulebook + latest FAQ EXCEPT for Tech rules.

So use the rulebook for HBs.

OK for HBs.

But what about the rule change concerning bombers with paratroopers?

From the new FAQ:

Q.  Bombers carrying Paratroopers must stop moving in the first hostile territory they enter.  If a
    tank is blitzing through an unoccupied hostile territory, does a bomber entering that territory
    during the same Combat Movement phase have to stop there, or can it keep moving?
    A.  It must stop.  Even though the territory is captured as soon as the blitzing tank enters it, and the
    territory is considered friendly at that point, all combat movement is simultaneous.  This means that
    the bomber and tank entered the territory at the same time, when it was still hostile.

Old FAQ
    A.  Since the territory is captured as soon as the blitzing tank enters it, the territory is considered friendly
    at that point, and the bomber may continue its movement.  This only applies to the “blitzed” territory
    (the territory moved through).  If the tank ends its movement in an unoccupied enemy territory, that
    territory doesn’t change hands until all combat movement is completed, as is the case with any
    unoccupied enemy territory moved into during combat movement.

I’m just asking because this in fact is not a tech change (paratroopers tech still remains paratroopers tech) but a change of general gameplay using bombers with paratroopers that has not been covered by the rulebook but was introduced by a former FAQ.

• @TimTheEnchanter:

No, last year we used FAQ rules for tech.  (Limitations to improved factories was an FAQ, actually the Paratrooper/blitz rule was in the FAQ as well).

It seems the appropriate thing to do would be have any open tech game finish using the rules they started under unless both players agree to switch (even if neither side has the tech, purchases may have been geared towards taking advantage of one or the other).  But any new games should probably start under the new FAQ rules.  But it’s not my call.

I would agree, otherwise confusion may arise when players have to know about a “historical” state of the rules/FAQ that does not correspond with the up to date-rules.
    Just my opinion, of course…

Oops, you guys are right.

USE THE RULES PLUS FAQ (when applicable).

(note:  I think I was think of an early tourney we had where maybe we didn’t use the updates or something.)

• 2007 AAR League

I’m confused.  Do the changes to the FAQ apply to existing league games?  To new games?  Or not at all?

I’m in a game where my opponent got heavy bombers.

If you already started one way then continue as is.

But all games should go by Rules + FAQ clarifications.

• I still don’t know what exactly the bid rules are.

If I win a bid of 3, can I then choose to take 3 more IPC’s however I choose (for example, one to each of the 3 Allied bank accounts)?  Can I place one infantry unit on any Allied territory on the map?

I heard you can’t place a unit on a territory that has nothing on it at game start.  But I’ve never seen actual conventional, accepted bid rules.

Help?

• '10

You can split the money. Units have to be place in territories which already have units and have to be the same nationality eg. a russian infantry can’t be placed in egypt.

• @Battlingmaxo:

You can split the money. Units have to be place in territories which already have units and have to be the same nationality eg. a russian infantry can’t be placed in egypt.

So Italian units can be placed in Libya, but German units can’t?

Thanks!

We made an exception for Lib last year so either Ger or Ita could place units, not sure what other sites did.  However, it is a moot point now since we bid for the Allies.

• Not totally: England has a USA’s bomber in 1942 scenario. I guess nobody would bid there, but who knows what tricks hide the people under the sleeve? USA bomber bid?  :lol:

• @Funcioneta:

Not totally: England has a USA’s bomber in 1942 scenario. I guess nobody would bid there, but who knows what tricks hide the people under the sleeve? USA bomber bid?  :lol:

Very good point, Func.  :-D
    Yeah, I wouldn’t mind a bomber bid…  Who needs an infantry in Egypt, when you could just bomb the crap out of the Italian fleet?  :-)

Just goes to show I don’t play '42 that often.  :lol:

Simple rule - no US units to UK.

• '16

@DarthMaximus:

2010 Axis and Allies AA50-41 and AA50-42 League Rules.

2 - You may play anyone in the league, but only a max of 3 games per opponent will count in standings. League games must be declared a League game (in thread title or League forum) prior to the start of the game.

Just because I started to play some '42…is the limit per person per League or total combined across both fields?

• I believe that you can play up to 3 '41 League matches against a single opponent and also up to 3 ‘42 League matches against the same opponent because the 2 Leagues’ scoring are completely separate.

Anyone else see it differently?

• '10

@Bardoly:

I believe that you can play up to 3 '41 League matches against a single opponent and also up to 3 ‘42 League matches against the same opponent because the 2 Leagues’ scoring are completely separate.

That would be my understanding.

• I would concur with what maxo said. Last year I had 3 games of AA50-41 and 3 games of AAR against the same opponent and they counted in their respective leagues.

• I put this post in the discussion thread, but I’ve gotten no answer yet, so I’ll try it here.

I have a thought, but I’d like to get a ruling on it.  I know that for a regular (non-League) game, that this would be fine, but how about for League matches?

Easier techs - If both players agreed before playing the game, that if single dice were rolled for technology, and the tech die roll missed, but the Chart 1/Chart 2 die was a six, that the rolls would be counted as being reversed, so the 6 on Chart 1/Chart 2 would count as hitting a technology, and the first die rolled for tech would then count towards whichever chart had been specified as being the tech acquired.  Another option would be if multiple dice were rolled for technology, and the added up total of the dice equaled to 6, then it would be counted as having rolled a 6, and therefore acquiring a tech.  (Example:  3 tech dice were rolled: a 1, a 2, and a 3, since the total of the 3 dice adds up to 6, then it would be counted as having rolled a 6.

Designated techs - Again, if both players agreed before playing the game, that a power could acquire a specific tech for x number of researchers.  (Probably this would be limited to Round 1 only.)  Example:  2 players want to explore a German naval strategy, so they agree that Germany could spend 5 IPCs for 1 researcher, and could then automatically acquire Advanced Shipyards/Super Subs/etc… on Germany’s first turn.  To balance this, then perhaps the Allies would also be allowed 1 5-IPC tech on Turn 1, maybe Mechanized Infantry for the US or something.  Maybe players would like to explore a Japan and US first turn Long Range Aircraft for 5 IPCs scenario or many, many other such scenarios.

Once again, this would only be allowed if both players agreed to this before the game began.

So, could either or both of these ideas possibly be allowed for League games?

I’m not trying to change the League, but I’m just asking a question, so I don’t need criticism of this idea, just an answer.  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m