• The one thing i love about Pacific 1940 is that the map is very versatile…has anyone come up with some new starting points for Pacific 1940?  Such as a setup for a 1941 scenario with the Japanese offensives in the Pacific or a 1942 starting point with Japan at it’s height and the Allies have to strike back and take back what was theirs?

Let me know…this game is very versatile…

• @RJL518:

The one thing i love about Pacific 1940 is that the map is very versatile…has anyone come up with some new starting points for Pacific 1940?  Such as a setup for a 1941 scenario with the Japanese offensives in the Pacific or a 1942 starting point with Japan at it’s height and the Allies have to strike back and take back what was theirs?

Let me know…this game is very versatile…

Personally, I’d be interested in a version similar to the original AAP where Pearl was setup first turn (and perhaps even that attack defender rolls at one) as other than unit setup the territory changes aren’t substantially different so it would be interesting to see play out.  However, the actual territories that Japan had conquered at that point were not substantially different in 42 other than the island colonies.  Basically, You’re always going to have crush china, and if the Allies are setup to strike back in 42 Japan might be in some serious trouble cause they still haven’t made any progress in Japan (they clearly fought worse than the TripleA AI).  If the game is in fact balanced in 1940, trying to balance it in 42 but still reflecting Japan’s successes and the Allies as ready to strike back, I’d imagine Japan would lose very quickly.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m