Although I have only played a few games of AA50 a few things seem clear regardless of the scenario:
1. Chinamen vaporize faster than the humans In War of the Worlds…for a 1940 population of 455mil you have a better chance of finding a brontosaurus on the map by turn 3, possibly by turn 2 with the 41 scenario. Perhaps the spawn policy should be changed…maybe 1 for every 2 terr rounded up.
2. He/she who controls the Gaza strip rules the world…the strip between Egypt and India plays a major role in deciding the game. If this is in allied hands the russians can usually hold the Caucases… if not their position is tenuous. conversely,
3. Germans cannot live on a diet of sauerbraten alone… a little linguini and sushi help the digestion (of Russia) If the russian player is good I think it is difficult to do it with Germany alone. Just as russia need to hold out until the allies arrive Germany only needs to hold the front with/without Italy’s help until you can get double/triple penetration on cau/rus with Japan. Italy can either support france freeing the huns for eastward movement or shuttle thru Istanbul Btw, I think closed Dardanelles is for pussies.
4. NOs…I don’t know. The axis NOs are more easily obtained but I certainly like the extra 5 I get in russia for no foreigners as it lets me squeeze an armor in here and there.
5. Pocket change…whenever I have a few extra scheckles I find myself buying subs particularly in a no tech game. Its like a boxer with a good jab. keeps the Japs out of the Americans face, also good for the Med.
6. Advantage who…are the axis really favored??? I am currently plaing a gencom rules game where axis recieved a bid. Maybe this is to offset the allied VC
advantage with an 8 turn / 6 hour limit an no NOs I’d like to know peoples thoughts on who is favored and why
It depends on whether or not the defending subs get a Surprise Strike. If the do, they will still fire if they’re hit by the attacker’s Surprise Strike. If they don’t, they’ll be removed before they can fire.
This is a change from Revised. In Revised, subs always fired at the same point in the combat sequence. The difference the presence of enemy destroyers made was when the casualties were removed. In Anniversary, subs actually fire at different points in the combat sequence depending on whether or not there are enemy destroyers.
also: if your troops aren’t on the sohre, how could the battleships killed them?
a question i’m still wondering about
perhaps the battleships shoot birds, with bombs on them, the same way birds carry coconuts
They would have to be swollows. Now are they African or Europian?
I Don’t know that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!
Oh, man, it does. When you are reduced to 2-3 territories you cannot trade one and build at the safer one as any other power does. Wait, you cannot trade territories because of no figs past Japan 1 and you cannot replace as any other power. Oh, wait! Japan anyway will kill all or most China J1. OK, at least we can try escape to USSR or Burma with our last inf … oh, wait! There is some odd invisible wall that prevents us escape but japs enter merrily. OK, but at least those Nissan tanks at Manchuria cannot blitz our mountains and non-industrial areas … oh, wait …!
It was so difficult make them a normal power? :lol:
I don’t get your fascination with China. The Chinese were a bit players during the war and they’re represented as such in A&A. I just don’t understand why you go on and on about China being underpowered, restricted, etc., etc.