• I have’nt played a forum game yet,but i followed a few games that others were playing, and had a question. :? How does an attacker and defender,choose which peices to remove? I noticed how the attacker will roll for both sides and then he/she rolls again for the next round. However I see no comminicating between the players as to which peices are to be removed :?. I’m sure this has been posted before but i have yet to find it. Thank you in advance!

• I too would also like some clarification on playing by forum rules:

Is there an FAQ?

Are built-in forum dice used? (I know these are available on forums powered by Vbulletin).

Thanks!

• I haven’t played forum style in awhile but for the most part you just remove the lowest combat valued pieces first when you are posting an attack. If you have question about something you just ask. Most times questions only arise with defending navies and subs and so on. The person who’s turn it is usually rolls both the attacker and defender and removes the casualties. If they come up to a part where the other guy might not have said what to do if such and such decision was made you ask.

The msot difficult things I found about playing online were getting the map softwares installed and running, typing up what I moved and the dice rolls and not taking a crazy amount of time thinking about your moves. It is very easy when you’re the only one around to take all the time in the world, over think and over analyze. I quit playing online over the last one.

There isn’t really an FAQ or a set of guidelines or anything. I think a lot of guys are using the Triple A program which does a lot of stuff for you. I’d always used Abattlemap before I gave up playing by forum because I was taking two hours to make two moves a night– because I couldn’t just ‘play.’

When it comes down to it just do what you’d do playing face to face only with forum posts.

I was bored the other day and did a review of the forum dice roller which I’ll be posting here in Player Help.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m