• that was pretty sweet what would italy and france have? please no lame jokes about surrendering im being serious here

• @idk_iam_swiss:

that was pretty sweet what would italy and france have? please no lame jokes about surrendering im being serious here

Italy and France should have a surrender rule.

• aww lame… but it made me Lol

• Italy and France should have to roll for morale every turn.

• lol…maybe they can get a defense boost of some kind?

• Italy’s defense boost was Germany.

France’s defense boost was UK, USA, and drum roll please CANADA (for all you Canadians)

• Maybe italy should just buy some infantry

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Maybe italy should just buy some infantry

Infantry is the best buy for everyone.

• bleh…it makes the game no fun…only do it if you play with two people.

• @Brain:

Italy’s defense boost was Germany.

France’s defense boost was UK, USA, and drum roll please CANADA (for all you Canadians)

UK, USA and who?  You must’ve meant ANZACs…  :lol:

• @allboxcars:

@Brain:

Italy’s defense boost was Germany.

UK, USA and who?  You must’ve meant ANZACs…  :lol:

I was talkin’ history, not the game.

• @Brain:

I was talkin’ history, not the game.

yeah figured that BD.

anyway, historically, except for the UK would that be a defense boost for France?

• What I meant was US and UK defended France, not the french.

• France surrender you say?

If paris falls on the first turn then at the end of the victorious nations turn (Germany or Italy) do the following. Roll a die, any French units AND/or territories (that do not contain other allied units) convert to axis units if they are the able to be reached from france by any route in the number of game spaces shown on the die. If other allied land units are present then those french units remain free french. French naval vessels also convert BUT are scuttled if they convert and vessels of any other nation are present (including the allies)

So based on the die roll, a radius of french stuff wil convert automaticly to the axis

• Is this your Vichy France rule?

• Basicly

They convert to german units….Thre is no need to have a new power with a capital in Vichy (~2IPC) and Morocco (1IPC) and Algeria (1IPC)

A random ammount turn German. Boats either scuttle or turn German…that is what happend.
    It should be represented somehow, and this way is really simple

• @Brain:

What I meant was US and UK defended France, not the french.

Well my point was that I really don’t know if you can say the US were on hand to defend France… little late for that.

Now as an offensive boost?  
    Definitely!!

In fact, maybe there should be one of those 1:1 matching rules: for every US, UK, Cdn or Polish land unit present the French player can prevent one of his French units from surrendering / imitating an AA50 auto-killed transport?
    LOL

• Okay, now you are getting all technical on me.

• @allboxcars:

@Brain:

What I meant was US and UK defended France, not the french.

Well my point was that I really don’t know if you can say the US were on hand to defend France… little late for that.

Now as an offensive boost?  
    Definitely!!

In fact, maybe there should be one of those 1:1 matching rules: for every US, UK, Cdn or Polish land unit present the French player can prevent one of his French units from surrendering / imitating an AA50 auto-killed transport?
    LOL

thenshot them then all the french will be mine :evil:

• @Brain:

Technology should be eliminated from the game.

I’ll agree with you up to a point. I have never really liked the way technology was implemented. Too luck-based! Even in the Anniversary Edition rules set, there’s the luck element of the time delay; plus the luck element of whether you ultimately end up with a tech you wanted.

Chief Technical Officer: How is that research coming on that new tank?
    Researcher: It’s coming! It should be ready any minute now.
    Chief Technical Officer: Good. We need those improved tanks yesterday.

Later . . .

Chief Technical Officer: How about those new tanks?
    Researcher: You’re going to be excited. Just not in the way you might think.
    Chief Technical Officer: What do you mean?
    Researcher: Think of this like Christmas. You never know what you’re going to get until you unwrap the present.
    Chief Technical Officer: I don’t think I like where this is going.
    Researcher: It turns out that when you sent us off to develop improved tanks, some of us got a little distracted, one thing led to another, and before you knew it, we’d developed super submarines! Our submarines will be the best in the world, hands down, no holds barred.
    Chief Technical Officer: We don’t even have a sub fleet. We have no plans to build a sub fleet, because we’re locked into a land war. The very existence of our nation requires us to at least hold our own in that land war! Why would you develop an improved submarine instead?
    Researcher: These things happen.
    Chief Technical Officer: What do you mean, “These things happen?” Who on Earth sets about trying to develop an improved tank, only to develop an improved submarine instead? When someone proposed an improved tank turret, did someone else respond with, “Tank turret. Submarine conning tower. Same difference.”?
    Researcher: You know how these things go.
    Chief Technical Officer: No, I don’t know how these things go. I want that improved tank, and I want it yesterday!
    Researcher: That brings me to my other news. The funding for this research project was pretty much used up by that improved sub we just designed. If you want us to improve your tanks, we’re going to need some more cash.
    Chief Technical Officer: What guarantee do I have that, this time, I’ll get the improved tank?
    Researcher: Some of the guys were tossing around ideas for improved tanks. Maybe those will go somewhere. Then again, there are other schools of thought out there. Some feel that since we now have the world’s best subs, it’s time to improve our naval shipyards. So you never know where your research effort is going to go! :)
    Chief Technical Officer: What?!?!

Fortunately, the above problem is solved in my rules set. There is no luck element to technology research, and you always know in advance exactly which tech you’ll be getting.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m