• @skinny1:

“advanced anti-submarine warfare/sonar tech( i dont know what the rules would be for this)”

How about destroyers can attack subs from 1 sea zone away from the sub? And subs can attack ships from 1 sea zone away if an enemy destroyer is not present? A hit would be on a 2 or less for the destroyer or the sub that is attacking.

@Brain:

Is this your own tech idea as in house rule?

No. The idea just crossed my mind. I know it is not typical since a battle only happens in the same sea zone or territory but thought it might make people a little more cautious about the open seas.

• I kinda miss the national advantages from Revised…some of them were pretty cool, like Russian Winter.

• That is one that SHOULD be in the global game.

• that was pretty sweet what would italy and france have? please no lame jokes about surrendering im being serious here

• @idk_iam_swiss:

that was pretty sweet what would italy and france have? please no lame jokes about surrendering im being serious here

Italy and France should have a surrender rule.

• aww lame… but it made me Lol

• Italy and France should have to roll for morale every turn.

• lol…maybe they can get a defense boost of some kind?

• Italy’s defense boost was Germany.

France’s defense boost was UK, USA, and drum roll please CANADA (for all you Canadians)

• Maybe italy should just buy some infantry

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Maybe italy should just buy some infantry

Infantry is the best buy for everyone.

• bleh…it makes the game no fun…only do it if you play with two people.

• @Brain:

Italy’s defense boost was Germany.

France’s defense boost was UK, USA, and drum roll please CANADA (for all you Canadians)

UK, USA and who?  You must’ve meant ANZACs…  :lol:

• @allboxcars:

@Brain:

Italy’s defense boost was Germany.

UK, USA and who?  You must’ve meant ANZACs…  :lol:

I was talkin’ history, not the game.

• @Brain:

I was talkin’ history, not the game.

yeah figured that BD.

anyway, historically, except for the UK would that be a defense boost for France?

• What I meant was US and UK defended France, not the french.

• France surrender you say?

If paris falls on the first turn then at the end of the victorious nations turn (Germany or Italy) do the following. Roll a die, any French units AND/or territories (that do not contain other allied units) convert to axis units if they are the able to be reached from france by any route in the number of game spaces shown on the die. If other allied land units are present then those french units remain free french. French naval vessels also convert BUT are scuttled if they convert and vessels of any other nation are present (including the allies)

So based on the die roll, a radius of french stuff wil convert automaticly to the axis

• Is this your Vichy France rule?

• Basicly

They convert to german units….Thre is no need to have a new power with a capital in Vichy (~2IPC) and Morocco (1IPC) and Algeria (1IPC)

A random ammount turn German. Boats either scuttle or turn German…that is what happend.
    It should be represented somehow, and this way is really simple

• @Brain:

What I meant was US and UK defended France, not the french.

Well my point was that I really don’t know if you can say the US were on hand to defend France… little late for that.

Now as an offensive boost?  
    Definitely!!

In fact, maybe there should be one of those 1:1 matching rules: for every US, UK, Cdn or Polish land unit present the French player can prevent one of his French units from surrendering / imitating an AA50 auto-killed transport?
    LOL

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m