• I argree with BD, but I will be easy enough just to use ANZAC peices as Cadadan peicies, and even add an econamy if you fell like it.

• @democratic:

I argree with BD, but I will be easy enough just to use ANZAC peices as Cadadan peicies, and even add an econamy if you fell like it.

Exactly.

• @Brain:

@democratic:

I argree with BD, but I will be easy enough just to use ANZAC peices as Cadadan peicies, and even add an econamy if you fell like it.

Exactly.

Presuming there’s an IC in Canada, I’ll just be happy to House Rule the UK govt continuing the fight from that Dominion.

• Honestly the only people who want Canada represented in the game are Canadians. It won’t change the game. It is just a national pride thing. Canadians should proud, but they won’t be in the game.

• I think you’re missing the point, 'Damaged.

We ALREADY KNOW that Canada won’t be represented OOB, other than the printing of roundels.

What we’re doing now is trying to add some flavour to the game by figuring out where Canadian units–which will act exactly the same as UK unit for game-mechanical purposes–should go in the set-up.

…If you want to have them there. Which you obviously don’t. Which is fine!

Giving them their own economy is a fine thing, as a home-brewed house rule. A good use for those new Canadian roundels. Which you are also free to ignore!

As you can hopefully see, it’s not just ‘Canadian Pride’ or whatever you’re charging. It’s about the game. So for everyone’s sake, keep your focus away from accusations of nationalism and try to contribute something productive to these discussions in the future.

Get it now?

• Well if it’s about the game, then we are going to have to add a lot more countries than Canada.

• Well if it’s about the game, then we are going to have to add a lot more countries than Canada

Well then, we could have Scoland and NZ as their own power. That would be fun (not).

Its all about pride, the US would not be happy if they were pat of the ANZACs, as the ANZACs would not be happy if they were part of Brittan.

• There are not enough distinguishable colors for all the countries that would have to be represented by pieces.

• No, just stay with the usuals+ANZACs.

At least Canada got its own Rondol.

• Honestly, I don’t think we need the ANZAC’s in the global game.

• I’m not against Canada being house ruled in. I might even try it from time to time. Earmarking the Canadian IPC and putting a minor IC in Quebec (if it doesn’t have one) w/AB & NB would be an easy fix. I’m not sure where Canada’s major industrial hub was at that time, but I think that’s where the IC should go for game purposes.  It would show some of the logistics problems that the Commonwealth had with troop movement and getting equipment/arms across the ocean.

I think the Anz was added to the game over Canada to force the UK to spend $ in the Pacific. Plus the fact that splitting the UK in the Atlantic will handy cap it slightly.  It would also be tougher for both nations to build capital ships. If Canada ended up with say 10 IPC it would take two turns to build a BB or AB/NB. I guess you could come up with a Canadian NO, but would need to give one to the axis as well for balance. Unless one of UK’s NO’s could be transferred to Canada. It might be tough for the UK to get the upper hand it needs in the seas. Keep in mind that its 1940 and Germany should start with more fleet w/BB, and may have air protection in the Baltic/straight some how. Canada could grow its income by taking axis tt, but it might be at the expense of the UK, as it would normally be taking them. It could be fun for Canada to build up income, then take Norway and put an IC there to pump units directly into Europe (I like to do that w/US).

Where would Canada take its turn. In 40GL Anz gets its own turn, and will be able to can opener for USA. With the UK getting less $, and still needing to control the seas maybe Canada should go before UK to open up some doors. Maybe they should still take there turn as one nation, you’ll have to test it out could be fun.

By the way you don’t have to be Canadian to want more minor powers in of the game, although the push for a Canadian power is fueled by mostly Canadians. Its not any different then the Italians pushing hard for Italy to be a minor power a few years ago (you know what happened there) . There’s still an Italian push for nation specific sculpts. I see a lot of discussions to add yet more minor powers in Europe. Larry even said it himself that Canada could be house ruled in very easily in this game.

Who knows 5 years from now Canada might be introduced in yet another version of AA. Its the next most logical step. It would also be a very good marketing tool for the next edition (well if they believed in marketing). I can see it now: Canada a new allied power, Italy gets new naval units.

• Why did Canada get a roundel anyways if Larry says you need a house rule for Canada?

• @Brain:

Honestly the only people who want Canada represented in the game are Canadians. It won’t change the game. It is just a national pride thing. Canadians should proud, but they won’t be in the game.

We do need ANZACs. Otheriwse all their income would be spent in India or Brittan, and it was not like that. They GDP stayed in Australia and were quite a force in the Pacific.

Mind you, Canadians would say the same thing about Canada.

• This would split up the UK income too much.

• agreed

• People already want to split the US income and now want to split the UK income. The Axis will roll all over them if this were to happen.

• You’re wrong, BD.

People said the same thing about Italy, back in the day.

“Oh, no!” they cried, “Taking away Southern Europe, the Med fleet, and Africa will make Germany too weak… It’ll fall like a house of cards.”

Now we’ve got the Italian ‘can opener’ in AA50, which makes Russia fall earlier and more reliably than ever.

The same would go for a Canada/US 1-2 punch, Q.E.D.

You should know by now that posting the same thing twice doesn’t make it true.

• You know that including Canada in the game could also diminish the capture the flag rule. The UK would basically still be able to fight on through Canada. If you house rule Canada in, you could also allow either power to take ownership of the others tt in the event that their capital falls. Now Canada may have some extra value. It would be considered more of an asset in this case, to over come some of the hurdles that it would cause for the UK.

• @Make_It_Round:

You’re wrong, BD.
    People said the same thing about Italy, back in the day.
    “Oh, no!” they cried, “Taking away Southern Europe, the Med fleet, and Africa will make Germany too weak… It’ll fall like a house of cards.”
    Now we’ve got the Italian ‘can opener’ in AA50, which makes Russia fall earlier and more reliably than ever.
    The same would go for a Canada/US 1-2 punch, Q.E.D.
    You should know by now that posting the same thing twice doesn’t make it true.

Posting that I am wrong does not make you right. I am only stating my opinion.

• @democratic:

@Brain:

Honestly the only people who want Canada represented in the game are Canadians. It won’t change the game. It is just a national pride thing. Canadians should proud, but they won’t be in the game.

We do need ANZACs. Otheriwse all their income would be spent in India or Brittan, and it was not like that. They GDP stayed in Australia and were quite a force in the Pacific.

Similarly, with separate Cdn production the defence against Sea Lion would be more challenging - and realistic - if units had to be shipped across the Atlantic rather than home grown in London’s IC.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m