• In my game im just guna make it its own power. The UK pieces from revised are a lighter color than the ones used for pacific and probably Europe, for the new pieces i will just use the new U.K. ones. And I heard somewhere that it was going to have its own territor marker as well.

• @democratic:

I have heard the argumiment that if the ANZACs are a power, so should Canada. I am from AUs, so I may be on the ANZACs side but my 2 cents are-

The ANZACs are a power because-They a remote island, that could not recive any help from Brittan, or help Brittan. So the the IPCs should stay in Aus. It was also at direct theat of invasion and was doing the exacpt opposite of India (they where aiming for Singapor, we where helping the us in the phillipans).

Where as Canada was fighting the same war as the UK, just as an extra. They helped the war a lot, but not as a really indepidant power.

Anywhy, just my 2 cents. Always house rules.

Besides, Aussies rule in tennis.

• My prediction. Canada is out.

• @Brain:

My prediction. Canada is out.

I think WOTC will have Canada as a separate power….

…when the Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

• How about giving the Canadian player also the much smaller (land mass) UK - that woudl make the Canadian player a major force …

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

3 reasons why Canada should be a separate power:

1)  Canada made at least a s large a military contribution to the war as ANZAC and a much larger supply/training contribution. If ANZAC gets its own economy so should Canada.

2)  Canada already has a unique roundel represented on the Pacific map so unless Canadian IPCs must be “claimed” like Dutch IPCs then there is no reason for the distinct roundel other than if Canada is to be its own power. Furthermore, Larry has stated that “All Canadian provinces will be represented” giving Canada more territories than the continental US, Anzac or Italy.

3)    If the UK was ever conquered by the Germans, Canada (as well as ANZAC) would have fought on along side the United States. Considering the heightened possibility of a successful Sealion, it is essential that Canada be a separate power to represent the continued production that would have come out of Canada if the UK fell.

I predict Canada will look and act much like ANZAC with a few infantry, a couple fighters, destroyer, a transport and about 8 IPCs at its own disposal. –It could be a great Sub-hunting power… who knows.

• @Canuck12:

3 reasons why Canada should be a separate power:

1)  Canada made at least a s large a military contribution to the war as ANZAC and a much larger supply/training contribution. If ANZAC gets its own economy so should Canada.

2)  Canada already has a unique roundel represented on the Pacific map so unless Canadian IPCs must be “claimed” like Dutch IPCs then there is no reason for the distinct roundel other than if Canada is to be its own power. Furthermore, Larry has stated that “All Canadian provinces will be represented” giving Canada more territories than the continental US, Anzac or Italy.

3)    If the UK was ever conquered by the Germans, Canada (as well as ANZAC) would have fought on along side the United States. Considering the heightened possibility of a successful Sealion, it is essential that Canada be a separate power to represent the continued production that would have come out of Canada if the UK fell.

I predict Canada will look and act much like ANZAC with a few infantry, a couple fighters, destroyer, a transport and about 8 IPCs at its own disposal. –It could be a great Sub-hunting power… who knows.

Not only that but they contributed to the D-Day invasion, in my book that deserves some spot light… I know I keep saying this but does anyone know if Canada will have its own controller marker?

• @molinar13:

I know I keep saying this but does anyone know if Canada will have its own controller marker?

I think the Fact Sheet in the Pacific forum said they did…. although I don’t know how you’ll track conquests without distinctive sculpts.

• If they dont not give Canadian units a different sculpt I will use the British units from AA Revised. They have a lighter tan color than the now used units in AAP 40. For the new units Canada and the U.K. will have to share  :-D

• why dont they give canada there own pecies

Because WotC are cheep.

Besides, Aussies rule in tennis.

AND EVERYTHING ELSE TOO. We have the tallest residental tower in the world, and the worst leader ever (Kevin Rudd).

• Once again the only way Canada gets in the game is with a house rule

• Canada is better off staying with UK.

• @Brain:

Canada is better off staying with UK.

Except if Sealion works you can’t just have Cda rolling over any more than the ANZACs would pack it in if India falls.

But I think you’re right.
    I don’t know what this national control marker for Cda is about… but, check LH’s turn sequence: we won’t see Cda as a separate power.

• I’d support something like the old AAP, where UK and Australia were seperate economies but had the same units and combat movement. That could work for UK and Canada. Seperate powers? That would just mean that all of Canada’s income is next to completely irrelevent.

• @Allboxcars:

Since you’ve been subbing in the white UK (D-Day) units for Canadian units for a while (making them ‘trackable’), you must have some interesting stories to share…

So where do your Canadians usually end up / what’s the strangest fate they’ve suffered? (I imagine that they frequently die on the beaches of France or become the garrison guarding Norway…)

Curious to hear your anecdotes, as I find these little ‘divisional’ tales to be some of the more interesting featres of the game. For example, one of my Anniversary Ed fighters for Japan came with a deformed tail; so we always start him out on Formosa and see where the war takes him. Usually he’ll last until almost the end of the game, taking part in 3-4 important battles on the way.

I’ll be bringing in the white inf to rep the Canucks, too, once E40 is released… at which point it’ll perhaps be worth starting a “Canadian Stories” thread.  :-D

• @Make_It_Round:

@Allboxcars:

Since you’ve been subbing in the white UK (D-Day) units for Canadian units for a while (making them ‘trackable’), you must have some interesting stories to share…

So where do your Canadians usually end up / what’s the strangest fate they’ve suffered? (I imagine that they frequently die on the beaches of France or become the garrison guarding Norway…)

Curious to hear your anecdotes, as I find these little ‘divisional’ tales to be some of the more interesting featres of the game. For example, one of my Anniversary Ed fighters for Japan came with a deformed tail; so we always start him out on Formosa and see where the war takes him. Usually he’ll last until almost the end of the game, taking part in 3-4 important battles on the way.

I’ll be bringing in the white inf to rep the Canucks, too, once E40 is released… at which point it’ll perhaps be worth starting a “Canadian Stories” thread.  :-D

Well I only sub in that one armoured unit from set-up and they’ve ended up usually dying in France. However, they’ve also done the grand tour of liberating Africa and reinforcing India when the player’s got in a deliberately adventurous mode with that single tank!

Now we’ll have to put a Canadian infantry in HK!

• Thanks ABC!

I hadn’t realized that the Canadians were so integral to the (unfortunately failed) defence of Hong Kong. I read up on it at this site:

http://wwii.ca/page42.html

Interesting stuff!

Offhand, do you know of anyplace else Canadian forces were serving in '40-'41?

From this page <http: wwii.ca=“” content-2=“” canada-at-britains-side=“”>, I got the following quote:

“The first Canadians set sail for Europe, like their fathers before them, in December 1939. Canada sent two fighter squadrons to Britain before the end of 1940, with many more to follow, and the Royal Canadian Navy was at Britain’s disposal.”

So maybe 1 fighter in britain (and, of course, the ships off of Eastern Canada) should be Canadian as well in AAE40?

The battles listed <http: wwii.ca=“” battles=“” world-war-ii=“”>seem to indicate that no Canadian ground forces were active in Europe before '42…

But Wikipedia states that:

“Many of the young soldiers of the 1st Canadian Infantry Division, overseas since December 1939, could claim, by 1943, to have spent more of their adult lives in England than in Canada. Nevertheless, this guard duty served as a bulwark, along with British counterparts, in combating the threat from German occupied Europe during the time when the threat of invasion was at its greatest.”

And…

“Between the fall of France in June 1940 and the German invasion of the USSR in June 1941, Canada supplied Britain with urgently needed food, weapons, and war materials by naval convoys and airlifts, as well as pilots and planes who fought in the Battle of Britain and the Blitz. If the planned German invasion of Britain had taken place in 1941, units of the formation later known as I Canadian Corps were already deployed between the English Channel and London to meet them.”

<http: en.wikipedia.org=“” wiki=“” military_history_of_canada_during_the_second_world_war=“”>So there’s an argument that 1 UK Inf at set-up should probably be Canadian as well. I think that pretty much covers it, but any additional information anyone has on this would be welcome…</http:></http:></http:>

• @Make_It_Round:

So there’s an argument that 1 UK Inf at set-up should probably be Canadian as well. I think that pretty much covers it, but any additional information anyone has on this would be welcome…

Makes sense. If I recall correctly, 1 CID was the only intact Div in England post-Dunkirk.

Not sure about the Cdn Ftr, guess it depends on how many are there in total at set-up…

Otherwise, that’s about it for being outside Cda in early '40… I think.

• Somebody on this post said something about using defect peices to add induvisual unit stories. I have 1 American bomber slighty brocken and am going to use my Phillipans bomber for that.

I might even break an ANZAC infantry for the NSW one.

• A little voice in my head told me that Canada will not be in the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m