Partisans and Fallen Capitals

• There’s been a lot of talk lately about fallen capitals and, inspired by AAP40’s China, I had an idea.

PARTISANS
    When a nations capital falls, it turns over 1/2 its current IPCs (round up) to the capturing nation. Each turn it continues to collect IPCs at 1/2 its rate (round up) and can purchase Infantry (Partisans) as normal. These infantry can be placed in any territory held by that nation to a maximum of the territory’s IPC value. The units can move as normal.

Any thoughts? I’ve been thinking that other units could be purchased but only placed where the nation has an IC, but I’m wondering if this makes things a little too powerful.

• A defeated nation with no factories and control over some territories still can build infantry, while an undefeated nation with factories cannot build any units outside of factories?

but you may have fixed something in AA50.

Japanese units in AA50 should be required to garrison all Chinese areas or they revert back to Chinese control. Perhaps the same would be done in AAP40, but the jury is still out on the balance issue.

• @Imperious:

A defeated nation with no factories and control over some territories still can build infantry, while an undefeated nation with factories cannot build any units outside of factories?

Extremely good point… I’ll have to think on this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m