Saving alll Spending points to the bank for a turn.

• Last night I played axis and was able to destroy the british fleet like four times with my air force.  This gave germany the time it needed to move inf and armor to moscow.

Me and my opponent have a question.  In future games if it wanted to could britan bank all turn one points and just build a 60 navy the next turn?  Then it would be impossible to destroy.  Seems to be a little against the spirit of the rules but I was curious if he would be a loud to do this in the future.

• Official Q&A

This is perfectly legal, as long as you obey the unit mobilization limits.  You still can’t mobilize more than eight units from United Kingdom in one turn.

• Are you not allowed to place your UK navy in SZ2? That would make it so fighters couldn’t reach unless they were all on Norway.

• Germany can place two fighters in western europe and two in norway.  I bought a bomber first turn giving me a total of 2.  Then in britan turn one you can attack their flight with 3 subs 2 fighers and 2 bombers no matter where they put it.  That gives you a great chance of being able to blow up the british flight and only losing subs.  Then you have your who airforce again next turn to waste the british fleet again buying more time to get to moscow.

• So how about buying 1 AC and 2 Destroyers on UK1 ? You could place the AC and one DD in SZ8, which are joined by the american Cruiser on US1. The other British destroyer could be used to block the 2 subs from the Baltic Sea.
    This way you sacrifice one DD but on Germany’s second turn it would come down to
    1 sub, 2 ftr, 2 Bmb  vs  1 AC + 2 ftr, 1 DD, 1 Cruiser

Maybe Germany might rethink attacking that fleet.  ( success is about 50%)

• @c64:

So how about buying 1 AC and 2 Destroyers on UK1 ? You could place the AC and one DD in SZ8, which are joined by the american Cruiser on US1. The other British destroyer could be used to block the 2 subs from the Baltic Sea.
    This way you sacrifice one DD but on Germany’s second turn it would come down to
    1 sub, 2 ftr, 2 Bmb  vs   1 AC + 2 ftr, 1 DD, 1 Cruiser

Maybe Germany might rethink attacking that fleet.  ( success is about 50%)

I’ve been thinking it over and I realize that an AC and two destroyers is by far the best buy on UK1, especially if Germany has destroyed all your European navy, which a smart German player will have done. Now if the dice turned out well for Germany, they will have 2 ftrs in W.Eu., and 2 ftrs and a bomber in Norway (assuming that the bomber was used to take out the battleship in Z2 on G1, and is only eligible to land in Norway). But they will probably only have 2 subs, assuming the battleship hit on defense and took one out. If the Baltic subs moved to Z6 or Z7 (or maybe even 1 in each) they threaten all four SZs into which UK can build. Building into Z6 and Z7 are out of the question in such a situation, because you are open to an attack by 2 subs 4 ftrs 1 bomber and (if it is still alive) 1 destroyer. So Z2 and Z8 are your options; 2 ftrs can still reach you in either of these zones, but 2 is better than 4. Building into Z8 is probably the best, because the US cruiser can move to this zone before Germany gets to go again, and the Russian sub will link up on R2 assuming it submerged during the Z2 battle on G1.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m