Questions about DEI political situation.

• @Bravehart:

I have a question which could happen…( kinda going off topic with DEI…but still politics…! ). If Japan somehow manages to take San Fran on US Western State, the US doesn’t had over the money to Japan ( unlike previous AA games ) correct…?
    so what would the IPC value be for Japan at the collect income stage…10 or 50?

Since the US income is raised to 50 immediately when the US is attacked then it would be 50.

• Official Q&A

The additional 40 income is a US NO, so Japan would not get it.

• @Krieghund:

I understand the reasoning behind this, but I wish it wasn’t the case – At least for the Global game. It makes sense for Pacific, since you plunder all USA IPCs upon capture.

But in the Global game, having the WUSA be worth 50 IPCs (or at least 25 or something) would give Japan a reason to actually push towards an American homeland invasion, rather than simply trying to keep the USA navy at bay while they focus on controlling the rest of the Pacific and most of Asia.

Maybe in the combined game there could be some sort of Japanese NO for controlling the WUSA? Maybe 15 IPC’s or something?

• @Krieghund:

This of course would be clearer if the map made no mention of 50 on it and it was specified only in the National Objectives list.  Is there a reason it was printed on the map rather than simply an objective which read: 40 IPCs for controlling West USA and are at war with Japan?

I can only assume that perhaps in the Global game the 50 is printed so that it’s clear what the value is to the US in case all other national objectives are optional (as is the case with AA50) but USA wartime economy is not?

@Incline:

@Krieghund:

I understand the reasoning behind this, but I wish it wasn’t the case – At least for the Global game. It makes sense for Pacific, since you plunder all USA IPCs upon capture.

But in the Global game, having the WUSA be worth 50 IPCs (or at least 25 or something) would give Japan a reason to actually push towards an American homeland invasion, rather than simply trying to keep the USA navy at bay while they focus on controlling the rest of the Pacific and most of Asia.

Maybe in the combined game there could be some sort of Japanese NO for controlling the WUSA? Maybe 15 IPC’s or something?

Think of it this way:  10 IPCs represents the raw material and economic infrastructure of West USA.  the 40 IPCs represent a willing populace working around the clock in a patriotic ferver.  Japan wouldn’t be able to just invade West US and expect even 1/5th of the productivity the WestUS enjoyed.  They’re lucky to get that 10 even with a boost in morale at home.  Plus it means the US is demoralized and lost 50, and that’s a reason to push for it.  However, if you actually capture it, face it, the game is probably over so does it matter how much you get?

• @Bravehart:

I have a question which could happen…( kinda going off topic with DEI…but still politics…! ). If Japan somehow manages to take San Fran on US Western State, the US doesn’t had over the money to Japan ( unlike previous AA games ) correct…?
    so what would the IPC value be for Japan at the collect income stage…10 or 50?
    BH

@Krieghund:

I think there were 2 questions here.

1. Yes japan would only get the 10 IPC ,not the 50 (Krieg)
    2. Yes Japan would get any stored IPC that the US had as W. US is considered a capital in AA40P. So is India(UK), and N S Wales (Anz) for game purposes. Pg# 18 capturing/lib Capitals.

• Thanks for answering both of you

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m