• After playing a few games, this turned out:

If Japan wait until turn 3 to attack, the allies will block all the routes.
    US ships will be in seazones 19, 18 and 17, with subs in 16 and bombers on Guam, Wake and Midway.
    UK/ANZAC ships will be in seazones 37, 43, 44, 45 and possibel 46.

This mean that new trannies from Japan cannot reach Phillipines or any other location below the 19-16 line.
    It also means that the tranny stack outside FIC or Caroline cannot reach all of East Indies.
    After T2 UK collect 37 IPC, ANZAC collect 15 IPC and US 22 IPC against Japans 32 IPC. Even if China is down, the Allies have the upper hand.
    Basically this will slow down Japan so much, that the whole campaign might be in jeopardy.

As I see it, Japans best bet is a T2 attack. T1 is too early and T3 is too late, unless we find a counter to the allies blockade.

• Customizer

What if Japan parks her fleet with tts on turn 2 between Hawaii and San Francisco?  I can’t hold Hawaii and San Francisco.

I just haven’t been able to stop Hawaii from falling.

• I agree with the Razor Blade…turn 2 seems to be the best turn for Japan to hit the Allies…

• As japan facing that situation, I’d move my primary fleet with its 2-3 transports that I started with into SZ 36, then on J2 to SZ 37 off of Malaya or SZ 41 to threaten an India crush.  My purchased transports on J2 would go down to SZ 35, next to Philippines.  From those two SZ I can hit all of DEI, Kwangtung, and Philippines, and send there blockers to the bottom of the sea with planes.  Also, on J2 I would purchase a factory and/or navy to threaten Pearl with.  They can block boats all day, but loaded ACs are unblock able  :evil:

• Customizer

Following all this, I have to ask - are you all NOT trying to take Hawaii as your first city?  Why not, as it is the easiest to fall?

• Japan can pass through those sea zones during the non-combat phase while not at war with the ally powers.  So really, is it that big of an issue?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m